Need help now

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a friend in the cities that had gotten a baby bearded dragon that I tried help saving -- it died - she got another one cuz her mother went and bought her one- now her BF has gotten another one and has been taking it out in this horrid weather was at her house on meth w/ it punched her out and she fell on the dragon not knowing it was there w/ him -- it now has a broken leg and he left the dragon there w/ her in its tank w/ NO LIGHTS --- she has my old 55 gallon tank w/ the proper UVB for her dragon -------------what are we to do w/ this dragon? I have told her to divide the lighting time up w/ the 2 of them -----------she has no money to go and buy more stuff and I dont know what the size of this other tank is or how old the dragon is-----------I want her to take the thing to maybe the Humane Society or ? -- I have no idea --- any help here would be appreciated!
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have read this several times and can't figure out exactly what has happened. Can you explain it to us again?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She has a dragon at her house that her ex BF left w/ her that has the tank and no lighting --- dont know the size of the tank- she fell on the dragon not knowing this and found the dragon after the fact --- it has a broken leg is in distress --- she has no extra lighting for it the ******** took the dragons lighting when he left --- I have told her to keep her dragon and this one apart -- she has the correct lighting for her dragon- I set her up w/ my old tank and lighting etc-------- I just bought at UVB for her to replace the one she has in June but she has no fixture and I cant get that bulb to her now as we are going into a blizzard and I am not driving 100 miles in this weather -- what can I tell her to do w/ this dragon --- she does not have the money to go and buy all this stuff ---- I want her to take it to some place like Twin Cities reptiles but I dont know if they will take it in
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
How long has it been without UVB? They can survive for a while without it but, with a broken leg, it needs a vet visit asap.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dont know and he is not responding to my text so I dont know what is going on
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Twin Cities reptiles might take it in. Perhaps the vet clinic at the University would take it in as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yes I have texted her to take it to twin cities reptiles---
Karrie

Russell04

Hi everyone. Please help. Im new to this forum and have not quite figured out things. My step son came to live with me and he brought Russell the beardie. Im not sure where to find all the correct information but this forum seems to have the correct info from the basics i know working with vets. However near us there currently is not an exoctic vet that i have found. He was not shown how to properly care for Russell and i am too much of an animal lover to let it go. I have dixed hos habitat and need ro replace the lights as my last need to get knowing they must be in 80 ro 90 degrees at all times. He came looking ruff. He is grey but not shedding?? I have soaked him for 15 minutes every other day. Cleaned out his habitat and his dished showing my step son how ro do so properly as i have tried the things on this site. Am i not bwing patient enough?? Some color is coming back but i have attached a photo for reference for help. I hope i posted in the right spot. Also the humidity??? Thank you!!! Mimi

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks great, big + healthy. New owners always worry about uneven sheds but they are the norm, believe me. You don't have to soak him every day , it will come off when it's ready. You do need to start your own thread though, otherwise people get mixed up with who + which beardie problems they are replying about. If you missed the link to start a new thread, here it is.

posting.php?mode=post&f=45

Click on that and you'll start your beardie's own personal thread. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
CooperDragon":1dpzyh5e said:
Twin Cities reptiles might take it in. Perhaps the vet clinic at the University would take it in as well.
update on that dragon

She texted me yesterday saying she found the dragon in her basement -- its been there since March 4th- I did not know it had gotten lost when all this was first being posted- anyway- it was on the floor by the water heater sitting in the sun-- she had brought it up stairs to where her dragon was and the tank - I told her to take Snuggles out of his tank for now and put the one in to give it the UVB and basking - also told her to feed it the roaches - she did - she said it was starving - I told her she needed to get it to Twin Cities Reptiles as they are a sanctuary and would take it in- a little while later she texted me saying they took it and said they were amazed it was still alive by rights it should of been dead--- now the reason for the question yesterday about the "Coconut Dirt" was because when she texted me the pics of the two dragons I could see there was a different substrate on the floor of the tank - that is not what was on there when I gave her the tank --- it was tile- so I asked what that was and she told me - I did not know a thing about coconut dirt -- after getting 2 responses from here I texted her and told her to get that stuff out of Snuggles tank and the reason why etc.... when she got home from TC Reptiles she said she was busy cleaning out the tank -- I told her to make sure she cleaned it out w/ the vinegar/ water after getting all the dirt out of the tank - so hopefully the little gal she took in is doing lots better--- by the way the dude that started that whole mess is in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was the one that insisted on putting the dirt in the tank and she argued w/ him for I dont know how long and lost in the long run--- but now the tile is back in the tank -- and hes in a cell -- I dont know how many reptiles he has killed but a few--
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad they took the dragon. Hopefully they can get him into a good home. I'm also glad the person responsible for harming the dragon is in a position to not do further harm to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom