Help!! Is my beardie okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve had my bearded dragon for 3 years now. And he’s getting up there in age, the vet said he was fine but she normally doesn’t see bearded dragons. He doesn’t eat very much anymore and he only goes to the bathroom maybe every 3 days even with baths every day. My roommates were watching him for me since I had surgery and was on the hospital for 4 days. But when I finally was able to handle him and cuddle him i realized that his spine looked more inward than normal.
So my question is do your beardies have inward spines too? Or should I be concerned?
I don’t know how to post pictures or I would ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go top of page click on User Image Uploader--- down load pics - go to reply - click on XIMG at top of message box--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He just looks old to me but someone else needs to look
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you referring to the crevice on the spine? Has he not always had this?
A lot have this type of physique but a lot do not.
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB light, supplementation,
temperatures & foods fed so we can be sure everything is correct for him.
How old is he, you are not sure? If he is 3 that isn't very old, but if he was an adult when you got
him home then he may be quite a bit older.

Tracie

OskarzMama

Original Poster
He has had that ever since I’ve gotten him but it hasn’t been so deep. I got him when he was a little over a year, and I’ve had him for three years or so. So I’m guessing he is going to be 4 or 5

So he is in a 50 gallon glass tank he has three lights,
24inch uvb bulb that goes across his tank,
Heating basking bulb that 75 watts
Non light heating bulb that 50 watts
His lights stay on usually for 10-12 hours depending on the day. He loves to get out and run around for about an hour a day as well.
He eats a variety of things, his main go to is kale, bell peppers, green beans and yellow squash. I try to give him strawberries, melons or kiwi once a week just as a treat. He doesn’t eat very much though, probably about a third of his food a day, and I have a small feeding bowl, he has a large water bowl too. He is on reptile carpet, he does have a ledge and a tunnel that he perches on (I will post pictures)
I use to have a tree in his tank but he got to heavy and kept falling over. I haven’t been able to find a good wide tree yet for a replacement

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
His diet sounds good + set up is fine. You can actually use a log from outside as long as it's clean. A nice piece of driftwood looks good as beardie decor. :) You can pop it in a preheated oven at 225 F. for an hour to sterilize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom