My beardie won’t drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Hello so my bearded dragon Arthur is refusing to drink water. I have a bowl of water for him in his tank, I also take him out and put water on his nose slowly and give him bathes. He used to drink when I would do this fine. But he recently stoped and is having a hard time pooping and I’m afraid getting dehydrated. Can someone help me.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Have you tried giving him hornworms? My beardie does the same thing. I just make sure her food is well hydrated so she gets her hydration from then. Hornworms are mostly water and they also help will pooping.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
How big should be though to give him those. My beardie is only 6 months old. He’s about 13 inches

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Does your beardie eat greens much? If so she might be getting enough water from them. One trick I have used to get mine to drink is to run the tap a bit while they are in the bath or sink. The sound of running water seems to trigger their urge to drink better than just being in the water.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Janeyjet":2bwvcdzv said:
How big should be though to give him those. My beardie is only 6 months old. He’s about 13 inches

I believe he's big enough to eat them. If it's still winter where you are, they should be relatively small right now. When they get bigger than your thumb, then it's probably too big for you little one. But like Aaradimian said, if he's eating greens, he should be getting enough from those alone. But the pooping can also be helped by feeding him some prune or pumpkin baby food with a little bit of olive oil mixed in.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Dragons will seldom drink from standing water, it is very odd if they do. They get their hydration from the bugs and greens they consume. You can try dripping water in the tip of his nose and, he might lick it off that way.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Thank you so much! I will definitely do that. Wow I can’t wait till I am as smart about everything with bearded dragons as you guys on here.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If he is eating greens you can wash them before giving them so they are moist-- that way you know he is getting water
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom