What gender is my beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcook342

I went to the vet when Phoenix was about 5 months and the vet said he was most likely a male but check again when he/she is 8/9 months. Now he is and I cant tell what she/he is. The images online is comparable to a female, but the vet said male when he was younger so I don't know?
103366-7717181700.jpg
103366-9780939086.jpg
103366-3444296639.jpg

JDaugherty

Hi!!! I was just informed by the roach guy and his wife in maryville tn, that u can actually tell the gender of your beardie at any age by looking at the back of their head. The line that goes across the top of their head is the giveaway. If the line is straight with a ? look in the middle of the line, it is a female. If the line is completely straight without the ? in the middle of the head, it is a male. Thats how you tell what gender they are before their gender parts come in. Thank you all, and i am happy to help. It has been correct so far, and we have ahad several baby beardies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Never heard of this method + it doesn't seem reliable. Can you post pics of the babies then + now by chance ?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
My guess is male, but that's all it is--a guess.

I was going to suggest (in jest)
Put him/her in with a known male. If they try to breed, you have a female; if they try to kill each other, you have a male.
But I thought better of it. ...Until I read this on another site:
Now, let's talk about the elephant in the room. It's called probing. Probing is the practice of forcing open the vent, and pulling the sex organs out, either with a pair of tweezers or what is essentially a pair chopsticks, in order to view them. If anyone suggests that probing your bearded dragon is an acceptable way of sexing your dragon, the proper response is to repeatedly smack them over the head with a rolled up newspaper until they leave in shame.
Now I don't feel so bad... :mrgreen:

YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom