Is this Upper Respiratory Infection? Please respond soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaseen

My female beardie is almost 2 years old, and recently she has been doing this weird behavior. She often opens her mouth even when she is not basking or mad, and she puffs her body with air. I also can sometimes hear crackling noise in her throat, which I have heard is supposedly mucus. I thought that she might have upper respiratory infection (UPI), so I took her to the vet. However, the vet just said that this is just a random behavior that means nothing. I am having some doubts about what he said and wanted to ask for your thoughts. Thank You! :D This is a picture of her puffing
103548-5631383024.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They often puff up like that and it's not necessarily a problem. Look for excessive thick mucous around her nose and mouth which may indicate illness. This is often combined with lethargic behavior. If you start to see this, have the vet take a culture and test it for infection. She looks OK to me in that photo. Nice bright orange beard which indicates she's happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom