Growing and growing fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

What are the odds a beardie will go from 6inches head to end of tail to 12 inches head to tail within 2 months? Well he’s actually 11inches and it’ll be 2 months since we had him on the 7th. He is still shedding.

What’s happening?
What could have possibly been wrong before we got him?
Is this growth normal?
Still can’t tell the sex yet, he doesn’t jump at his reflection. He hates veggies.
We got Jaxson when he was roughly 2 or 3 months...6inches long.
He’s just growing super fast.

Jaxson

Original Poster
What are the odds a beardie will go from 6inches head to end of tail to 12 inches head to tail within 2 months? Well he’s actually 11inches and it’ll be 2 months since we had him on the 7th. He is still shedding.

What’s happening?
What could have possibly been wrong before we got him?
Is this growth normal?
Still can’t tell the sex yet, he doesn’t jump at his reflection. He hates veggies.
We got Jaxson when he was roughly 2 or 3 months...6inches long.
He’s just growing super fast.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They have growth spurts - nothing went wrong its just the way he is -- and its good- I hope your tank is going to allow him to get the full size he can get --
Karrie

Jaxson

Original Poster
KarrieRee":31skrdvm said:
They have growth spurts - nothing went wrong its just the way he is -- and its good- I hope your tank is going to allow him to get the full size he can get --
Karrie

Yes I’m getting a bigger one Friday. I saw a 55gal that opens in the front. I just bought a new basking/day light also because ours blew out. it’s 100W it says intense basking light on the package. When I get the bigger tank, I’m getting a new UVB light also

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They grow at different rates. I'd consider the fast growth you're seeing a sign of health and just catching him during a growth spurt. You'll likely see some lulls in his growth from time to time too. They usually reach full size around 18-24 months but often growth slows at 12-18 months or sometimes earlier.

Jaxson

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1ir2myai said:
They grow at different rates. I'd consider the fast growth you're seeing a sign of health and just catching him during a growth spurt. You'll likely see some lulls in his growth from time to time too. They usually reach full size around 18-24 months but often growth slows at 12-18 months or sometimes earlier.

Thank you ?

Jaxson

Original Poster
BeardedMabel":po5jef3d said:
yeah louie grew pretty fast and then he slowed down a bit. hes 6 months old. id say your guys growth is normal.
102094-5964402715.jpg

Thank you. This helps a lot.

Jaxson

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1mxrlk8q said:

Thank you for this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom