Sick Leopard Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":21w30fs9 said:
O.K., good that she's pooing and yes she's def. stunted. You do need to have a small water bowl though, leos are nocturnal and will drink at night while you're sleeping. Mealworms aren't a good diet, get her some small/medium crickets and disable them a bit so she can catch them easily. Phoenix or calcium worms as well.

I gave her a smaller water dish and ordered more crickets, FYI.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news she took the pumpkin & olive oil mixture for you. It sounds like it took a lot
of patience but definitely worth it. I have had leos in the past & they are so precious. I am glad
she is doing better now. :D
Let us know how she is progressing.

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sure thing. I've had her for at least 8 months, maybe even a year trying to help her. With NO progress :banghead:! But BD.org as really helped!

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah! Hey, new question: I think she has a vision problem. You can't see a problem, but she can't see and catch crickets. Only worms that wiggle enough for her to see, but not move away. She won't eat from my hand but from a dish. Again, I can't afford a vet trip ($70 just to see the vet!) I'll post pics if requested. Thanks for all the replays
!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She might just be ignoring the crickets, mine does that sometimes if she wants to hold out for superworms or mealworms. Just keep trying them once in a while. Pics are always good though.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She will run into things as if she didn't know they were there. Maybe she's playing dumb :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she ate a hornworm, she is going to get spoiled then! LOL
I hope she isn't losing her vision. A lot of them just like worms but not crickets or roaches
for some reason.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is lovely! I do miss having one, it has been quite awhile since we had a leopard gecko.
They can be so friendly. :D

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is gorgeous! I can't imagen what she will look like when she's a healthy weight! :D ! Maybe you could get another one? :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Maybe we will get another one again, it has been years. LOL I hope your girl continues to
do better now. :D

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I hope she starts eating crickets soon, because she won't even attempt to eat them :roll: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom