Is my bearded dragon small for his age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
I have a bearded dragon and the person I got him from said he hatched October 10-12 making him 4 months old. I have just recently compared him to another bearded dragon who is also 4 months old and he is a lot smaller. He is only 5 inches long and I looked it up and he is about the size of a 2 month old. He is hadycapped (his back legs are paralyzed from breaking his back) but the owner said he had gotten bigger since the accident. He is very small and I am concerned.

Edit: I heard from the owner and I cleared things up, I just couldn’t find a way to delete this post.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What do you mean cleared things up? It sounds like hes not had the proper lighting or husbandry if hes not growing ---
Karrie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He was the “runt” of the Litter and he’s more than doubled in size since the accident. And with him being the runt and having the disability he had to fight his siblings for food, Meaning he didn’t get that much but the OG owner tried to make it as equal as they could. He is happy and healthy and has grown since I’ve gotten him. He also is being kept with the right husbendry and he has the correct lighting (I’ve done a lot of research) I’ve only had him a few weeks but he is growing because I was looking at some photos of him from when I first got him and he is a little bigger. Also the owner said that all the babies were pretty small hatchlings. And you know how when they are small if they eat a lot they grow quickly, well he didn’t get as much food so he grew slower at the beginning than some of his siblings. But some of his big macho siblings got massive while some of the smaller ones stayed smaller because if the whole food situation

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Finleythebeardie":3a4qtucv said:
But does anyone know how to/if you can delete posts on here. Thanks.
Click "edit" and erase what you wrote. Add something else in the title (start a new forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom