Sick Leopard Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":21w30fs9 said:
O.K., good that she's pooing and yes she's def. stunted. You do need to have a small water bowl though, leos are nocturnal and will drink at night while you're sleeping. Mealworms aren't a good diet, get her some small/medium crickets and disable them a bit so she can catch them easily. Phoenix or calcium worms as well.

I gave her a smaller water dish and ordered more crickets, FYI.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news she took the pumpkin & olive oil mixture for you. It sounds like it took a lot
of patience but definitely worth it. I have had leos in the past & they are so precious. I am glad
she is doing better now. :D
Let us know how she is progressing.

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sure thing. I've had her for at least 8 months, maybe even a year trying to help her. With NO progress :banghead:! But BD.org as really helped!

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah! Hey, new question: I think she has a vision problem. You can't see a problem, but she can't see and catch crickets. Only worms that wiggle enough for her to see, but not move away. She won't eat from my hand but from a dish. Again, I can't afford a vet trip ($70 just to see the vet!) I'll post pics if requested. Thanks for all the replays
!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She might just be ignoring the crickets, mine does that sometimes if she wants to hold out for superworms or mealworms. Just keep trying them once in a while. Pics are always good though.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She will run into things as if she didn't know they were there. Maybe she's playing dumb :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she ate a hornworm, she is going to get spoiled then! LOL
I hope she isn't losing her vision. A lot of them just like worms but not crickets or roaches
for some reason.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is lovely! I do miss having one, it has been quite awhile since we had a leopard gecko.
They can be so friendly. :D

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is gorgeous! I can't imagen what she will look like when she's a healthy weight! :D ! Maybe you could get another one? :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Maybe we will get another one again, it has been years. LOL I hope your girl continues to
do better now. :D

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I hope she starts eating crickets soon, because she won't even attempt to eat them :roll: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom