Baby beardie with no scales or no spikes?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!
So my babies just hatched 3 days ago and i noticed that one of them didnt have any scales or spikes and it feels like slik when I touch him. ge might be a Silkback but I’m not entirely sure? I dont know how to care for him or what to do! I’m pretty new to this as I only had one clutch before where I also had one like this and he didnt survive for very long, all the other babies were fine tho. But I need immediate help on how to care for it as I don’t know how!

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Hi! Just to go on record, I'm not a breeder, but I do know a few basics. Can you post pictures of:
the mom
the dad
the baby with no scales
one of the normal babies
What you have described sounds like a silk back. BTW, good luck with your clutch! :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, if the parent dragons are leatherbacks then they could produce a silkback [ usually more than one ] If they are not both L.B.'s then it's possibly just a very smooth leatherback and or trans. For the most part a silkie can be raised pretty much like the others, just has to be watched at shedding time , need to be spritzed to keep the skin shedding easily and have some pure aloe lotion with no additives to put on his entire body. Post some pics, here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Try separating him/her from the others. Because he/she doesn't any scales, the others may bully it. Be sure to:
Give proper heating
Feed enough
Give fresh water
Not use sand (paper towels are perfect for babies)
E-mail me if you have any questions.

BeardieBaby101

Original Poster
102936-632665931.jpg
This is the dad ^
102936-1634751656.jpg
The mom ^
102936-192675908.jpg
One of the normal babies ^
102936-3617071477.jpg
The possibly a leatherback ^
I don’t have enough space to possibly separate them just yet, the other clutch I have is 6 weeks old and they eat, shed and act normally so I’m gonna sell them quite soon, they’re a, red/orange type, but the dad is sick with parasites so I’m taking him to the vet asap, I had a leatherback in the last clutch too but he died pretty fast
I use newsprint’s as a substrate, I think that works pretty well unless you don’t think that’s good

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you get a few more pics of the baby from above and in better light ? It doesn't look like a silkie, [ but it's possible ] maybe a leather.
I hatched out many clutches of them, and there are always more than 1 per clutch. You usually get about 1/4 of every clutch that turn out as leathers.
Being a leatherback wouldn't make it any more prone to premature death than it's normal scaled siblings BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom