Advice for after unboxing dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
103486-3067654520.jpg

I’ll be receiving his little guy in the mail on Tuesday, got him from Dachiu Bearded Dragons! I still haven’t chosen a name yet!
My question is, any advice on how I can make him more comfortable after unboxing? I know he will be stressed out when he arrives, wanted to see if anyone does anything special for when they get their dragons shipped/when they bring them home. Also, how long should I wait to begin handling him? I read on here it’s best to start that early but idk the timeline. All advice welcome :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, open the box slowly + give him a minute for his eyes to adjust to the light before you lift the container out of the actual shipping box. Then just put him in his new set up. He should settle in pretty quickly, after he warms up for an hour offer a few small insects. Don't let him stuff himself the first day but do offer a small-medium meal.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
I gave mine a treat, which she took. But be upset if he doesn't eat it. Yes, he will be stressed when he arrives. Be sure to leave him alone for 2-3 days, as hard as it is. Do you have the tank set up? If so, Can you post a pic? Good luck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The tips provided were excellent. He will be fine, just go slowly with him & he should adjust
pretty quickly to his new home.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom