bad uvb bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I bought an Evergreen Pet supplies mercury vapor bulb for my dragon. I've read some reviews today because I was curious, and I saw some reviews talking about faulty bulbs.
How can I tell if a bulb is faulty, and if it's hurting my lizard?

I see him resting in the shade of the branches a lot, but he seems perfectly heathy. I just thought it was too hot in there. His eyes aren't closed all the time like some people's dragons are, but I don't know whats unusual for him (I've only had him a couple of weeks). Is there any way to tell if the bulb is bad besides closed eyes?

And I know the recommended bulb is a reptisun, but I didn't know that before and I don't want to replace it if I don't have to.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Essentially if the MVB is not stamped with Zoo Med, or Exo Terra , or Arcadia Reptile, it's a clone / knockoff , made cheaply using poor quality quartz and not worth the risk.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes I would change it out just to be on the safe side -- he will need that good UVB for his health- digestion and prevention of MBD-- this is what is recommended by most on the forum Reptisun 10 T5, or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T5 light fixture also.
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom