Mood swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my bearded dragon, Odin, suddenly decided to change his temperament. He is normally a very chill dragon, resting on my chest and arms no problem but occasionally does bolt a bit before stopping, letting me catch him with no hassle. Today he apparently decided to hiss at my dad while I was at school, even though he has been very friendly with him beforehand. When I took him out when I got home he bolted up my shoulder and tried to climb over my chair, lucky he can't grab on to leather.

He is still very young, I think 4 or 5 months old, and we got him at the start of January. He hasn't done anything like this before.

He is currently going through his second shed, so I'm wondering if that could have something to do with it? Other than that, his behaviour is completely normal.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Shedding and youth can both contribute to beardie mood swings (think hormonal teen!). Your best bet is to roll with it & continue to give them love & care. You can try misting or bathing them to ease the discomfort of shedding. Just don't try to help the shed along by picking at it because you can injure them. You'll have your chill dragon friend back soon enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom