My girls keep fighting?

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

My girls keep fighting?

Postby DrogonXSmaug » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:09 pm

So recently wanted to buy a beardie, and I managed to find two three year old girls that were to be bought together since they had grown up with eachother about a month ago. I haven’t had any problems up until a few days ago where one(Smaug) keeps getting aggressive towards my other(Drogon). Usually separating them for a little bit helps calm Smaug down but she still does it often, and I’m at school most of the day so I’m not able to know if they are fighting with one another then. I haven’t changed anything about their environment and I don’t want Drogon getting potentially injured, and I can’t find any help with what to do
DrogonXSmaug
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My girls keep fighting?

Postby destiny1998 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi. The only way they will stop fighting is to get another enclosure and keep them in their own enclosure. They will both be way happier too.
destiny1998
Extreme Poster

Re: My girls keep fighting?

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:18 pm

You have no option but to separate them and keep them apart, if you don't you are very likely to come home and find one dead or with a horribly mauled leg.

The attacker needs to go into another tank IMMEDIATELY.
CBDs: Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul210.Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17 .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior