First time owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure about hair worms in crickets but pin worms r not good- especially in high numbers- dubias roaches r better for them and tend not to give the parasite-- I would recommend dubias - less hassle stink and they don't chirp- and roaches r easier to keep- you can find them on line or at Amazon-- some suppliers offer free shipping
Karrie

Kellz24

Original Poster
So I left pet store and got this fixture just not sure how to mount it
103463-2319552182.jpg
Is this too much lighting???

Kellz24

Original Poster
With the lamp holder and screen off with my new slimline 50uvb T8 temps climbing fast almost 115?????

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Too hot--- what kind of UVB did you get -- the UVB should not be increasing temps-- did you get the
Reptisun 10 T5, or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube? You will need a T5 light fixture also. You can mount the fixture by some Command 3 M hooks or fishing line - check your local Home Depot but you need those UVB lights as stated above--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It will work but it needs to go into the tank -- the next time you upgrade I would get the fixtures mentioned-- the T 8's are not as strong UVB so it needs to be mounted in the tank 6 inches from him -- and the bulb will need to be replaced every 6 months -- please make the sure the cover is off the bulb-you can mark the date on the bulb of when you put it in -- - what watt is your basking bulb?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is just the coloring of your beardie -- as he gets older his coloring will change -- you can take the coil out of your dome and use just a regular house hold bulb in there for lighting-
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The most crucial lights are the basking and the UVB - that coil UVB get rid of it - if you want you can replace it w/ a house hold bulb - or leave it empty- what is the watt of the basking bulb in there? 115 is pretty warm --- how are you taking temps? You need a Infrared Heat gun to give most accurate temps-- you can get them at Walmart or Home Depot for like $10 --- to use them point gun at place where your little one sits about 2" from spot--- the UVB should be placed where he can sit under it to get the best rays from it-- if you look at my tank I have the UVB inside the tank -- the far left is the basking - the center is a CHE or heat emitter I live in MN so I have it on 24/7 keeps tank around 70 w/ lights off and the far right is just a house hold bulb for lighting
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom