I’ve lost one of my bearded dragons in my flat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptornmorrigan

My beardies been missing since about 6pm last night. I’ve looked all over. Both my dragons were having their usual run around the livingroom, then when I go to put them back in the viv, ones there and the other is gone. I’ve tried leaving boxes of hoppers out on the floors but she’s not come for them. I’ve searched all over again today and still no sign. Any other ideas to lure her out? Any advise will be a big help

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This happens from time to time, she will turn up. They tend to find a cozy spot to curl up and fall asleep. If you put a basking light out and maybe some food, it may draw her out. Look under furniture, behind shelves, in closets and in hanging jackets, really any dark cozy place where she may have bunkered down for a nap. She's probably fine, just curled up sleeping.

Raptornmorrigan

Original Poster
She usually takes a nap under the tv stand but she’s not there. I’ve had a spot lamp out 2 days now and boxes of hoppers in the middle of the floors hoping she’ll come out when she’s hungry but she still hasn’t. I’ve kept the Xbox on the floor as she also likes to lie on it when it’s heated up. Ive only got a little flat so not much furniture and I’ve pulled the place apart. She’s only 6 months old. I’ve been told she could have gone into brumation? Found herself a dark little corner somewhere. But is 6 months not too young for brumation? And if she has done so, then why didn’t my other beardie same age, go with her? I’ve got an open plan livingroom/kitchen and I always keep the door shut when they’re out. There’s a gap under the door but I don’t think she would have been able to fit under there. And other than the door there’s no way out of that room. I’ve had fridge, washing machine and cooker out. Next thing I’m doing is pulling out the skirting under the kitchen cabinets. Though I can’t see any holes she could have gone through but other posts have said if she really wanted to get in there, she would have found a way so that’s next step

Raptornmorrigan

Original Poster
Morrigan is found sleeping behind books on one of the shelves. Haven’t a clue how she got there. She’s gone a bit of a dark color. And is really dry. She had some food and going to get a bath soon. Thanks for your help

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear it =). Keep a mental note of that hiding spot for the future. They tend to return to the same few places more often than not.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear you found your dragon! They can really hide well & sometimes take much
longer to find than yours did. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom