Help! Missing bearded dragon found after 2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michellegxo

Hello
103450-9316573892.jpg
So my boyfriend got a bearded dragon and lost it somewhere in the house ...About two months or so later we found the dragon just walking around the basement.
We've since put it in a tank and this was about a week or two ago.
From day 1 of her being in the tank she went from eating nothing to now she will eat a few crickets or a worm a day.
Her tail started to look really pale and like it was rotting.
I was afraid tail rot. However the tail is still complete together and it's not dark , I'm trying to get her to shed ans hope it's not tail rot.
Anyone have any tips or pointers for this?!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Most likely a tail shed coming on. Please if you can, post some pics of your dragon and it's enclosure, this will help us help you and your dragon.
Use this link to upload your pics https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads the at the top of the reply page in the header use the XIMG tab to post the to your reply.

Michellegxo

Original Poster
Gormagon":1qdm907d said:
Most likely a tail shed coming on. Please if you can, post some pics of your dragon and it's enclosure, this will help us help you and your dragon.
Use this link to upload your pics https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads the at the top of the reply page in the header use the XIMG tab to post the to your reply.
Hello I posted an imagine to that link. Are you able to see it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nope --- go to top of page click on user image uploader --down load pics - go to reply click on XIMG at top of message box
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite surprising just how well he/she looks for being lost in the house basement for
that long with little to eat or drink.
The tail is definitely going to shed, so give it time. The tail usually takes awhile to shed so
be patient. You can give a bath a few times a week to try & help out.
Please review your tank setup with us, just so we can be sure everything is all setup correctly
for him.
I'm glad he has been found!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom