Help with gap under decor

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Help with gap under decor

Postby ZShute17 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:01 pm

So in my tank I have a fake sand mat that had fake mini rocks on it (nothing is loose just looks natural). However, due to these the decor does not sit flush on the mat and food that I feed my beardie that escapes from him just sits and hides under those gaps and doesn't come out. I was wondering if there is any material that I can use that would be safe for my dragon but also fix these gaps. molding clay maybe?

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
ZShute17
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Help with gap under decor

Postby Gormagon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Yes, they look good but, I looked at them at a pet store and, decided against them becuse "if there is loose stuff in the package, there will be loose stuff in the viv" and, I don't think dragons can digest this stuff. Tile is cheaper that the clay you want to by, easier to clean and, won't harbor bacteria. This is just a suggestion on a way to solve your delimah .
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Re: Help with gap under decor

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:21 am

Tile and non adhesive shelf liner -- both are cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/water in spray bottle- tile can be cut to tank and for easy to clean up I sit my tile on paper towels underneath and it catches the runny water / urate - so when I pull tile it has absorbed and just replace the paper towels-
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures