Please help - Beardie front legs are limp :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, that's good news then for the most part ! Getting a bit of an appetite back, keep offering him the crickets and even cripple a few more to make them easy prey if you drop them right near hi. Too bad the bulbs keep burning out. Is the Reptisun the t5 bulb or the t8 ? See this picture I'm linking, the t5 bulb is on the left [ the very thin one but produces more uvb ] and the t8 is on the right. The t5's have had a batch sold in the past of t5's that were burning out and it may have been the hood.

Ash1":fmk8lm8n said:
He's been taking the Reptaboost like a champ. And drinking his water ok. Still preferring to lay on the ground most of the day, but will bask when I put him up there. Front arms still limp. I've been keeping the room he's in at almost 80 degrees regularly, and keep his basking light on for about 16-17 hours/day. ...

I will buy reptaboost today and see if that perks him up enough to start eating the larvae without force. He is so small, I am scared to force feed because he seems so fragile and I tend to shake... he is basking, seems to want to stay there and will move to cooler side by pushing with his back legs if he gets too hot, so he hasn’t given up either!

Thank you for your feedback!! Hope your lights work out soon!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he is slowly getting better. At least he is still trying & does move himself when
needed also.
It is very nerve wracking feeding a youngster with a syringe, I agree. Just go slowly & try to
get him to lick food off of his snout more instead of having to open his mouth so much.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Ash1

Original Poster
Hi all

Just wanted to update you on Ash. He is doing SO much better.

He is now eating crickets again on his own. He's only eating about 10-12/ day, but that is such a huge improvement. And he is going after them on his own. He won't go TOO far, but will move if they are fairly close by to get them. He is moving his front legs again also. He is definitely not up to full strength, and they're not back to normal, but he is using both of them.

The reptaboost definitely seemed to get him jump started back to health, and with getting a new light fixture and now dusting his crickets as they should be, I think he's on the right path to recovery!

Thank you all so much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's wonderful to hear Ash is on the road to recovery now! :D
It is a very good sign he is eating on his own also since he can use his back legs better now.
It definitely sounds like he is getting stronger. It does take them awhile to recover fully but with
better lighting now he should do a lot better. Keep us updated on his progress.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom