Growing great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

Jaxson is growing great but I have a question, I have a mesh top for his tank but increased the UVlighting. Should I cut a hole where the UVlight is, hang it on something so it’s not sitting on the tank, or lower it inside the tank a little until I get a new tank which will be soon? (Pls don’t tell me to buy a new anything because I’m not). I really would just like the question answered.... Not to be rude but some ppl keep giving me other info I haven’t asked for and ask too many questions that doesn’t pertain to my actual question.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Cutting a hole in the mesh might be the easiest. Use colored masking tape to create the outline of where you want to cut. Wire snips, tin snips, or any small tool meant for cutting metal. Wear saftey gloves is my only unsolicited advice.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Using zip ties would be less destructive than cutting a hole in the mesh. All you have to do is use a Phillip's screwdriver and push it through the mesh in 4 locations and wrap the ties around the light (assuming you have a long tube type UVB light).

Jaxson

Original Poster
DorgEndo":2odk6wod said:
Cutting a hole in the mesh might be the easiest. Use colored masking tape to create the outline of where you want to cut. Wire snips, tin snips, or any small tool meant for cutting metal. Wear saftey gloves is my only unsolicited advice.

Ok thanks so much, I have a wire cutting tool I can use.

Jaxson

Original Poster
Gormagon":3intz6kt said:
Using zip ties would be less destructive than cutting a hole in the mesh. All you have to do is use a Phillip's screwdriver and push it through the mesh in 4 locations and wrap the ties around the light (assuming you have a long tube type UVB light).

Trying to get a visual. I’ll check when I get home. Thank you!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Jaxson":3rcoi96i said:
Jaxson is growing great but I have a question, I have a mesh top for his tank but increased the UVlighting. Should I cut a hole where the UVlight is, hang it on something so it’s not sitting on the tank, or lower it inside the tank a little until I get a new tank which will be soon? (Pls don’t tell me to buy a new anything because I’m not). I really would just like the question answered.... Not to be rude but some ppl keep giving me other info I haven’t asked for and ask too many questions that doesn’t pertain to my actual question.
I have seen a lot of that lately, sometimes it's warranted and, sometimes not. I never advise anything that a dragon doesn't need. My only concern is the health of the dragon. You see, I love these little creatures and, want the best for all of them..even yours, LOL!!!
I know sometimes we come off brash but, we mean well. Please NEVER take it as an attack on your person, we just like helping folks get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom