My care for soon beardy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can use the carpet or non adhesive shelf liner. If you really like tile maybe go with it but add the shelf liner on about half of it. Another tip is to get some nice rocks from outdoors [ wash in hot soapy vinegar water + then rinse well + let dry ] They are natural + can sit on the ground for the dragon to wear his claws down as he walks across them. I have them in my beardies tanks as well as my clown agamas tank, here are a few pics.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29860/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30030/full

I love the look of the rocks and they are free. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes the log will work as long as its big enough for him -- you would want to get a xtra large one- as far as the substrate I would go w/ what you prefer - you can do both tile and the non adhesive shelf liner - go look and see what you like -- but NO sandpaper! Your beardie would have sores - the slated tile would keep his nails somewhat filed down - Hiccup has been on this tile for almost year and hasnt had any issues w/ it -- set your tank up the way you like - but the basking area and the UVB should be close together- Hiccup has his rock he sits on top of it to bask and then the fake log not the center one in my tank but the one in front is where the UVB sits above it - he likes that log - the one in the center of the tank he doesnt sit on it much -- the platform/ cave in the far corner he sleeps in - that is sold at Petsmart -
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I was going to say you can get a blanket for their hide -- check out pamperedbeardies.com for accessories for your little one

Karrie

Ceardy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1rcf1sas said:
I was going to say you can get a blanket for their hide -- check out pamperedbeardies.com for accessories for your little one

Karrie
Also I don't have an Etsy account I don't have accounts on a lot of things that gives me a disadvantage.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure about the apple cider vinegar but reg vinegar is really cheap -- its like less than a $1--- you can always set up a etsy account there is no cost ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do you have a petsmart? I would suggest you go into your store so you can actually see the product - or another pet store to see what they carry - our Petsmart carries better stuff than our Petco- we also have a reptile shop that is also a breeder and they dont carry alot of stuff except tanks that they just got in here not too long ago - if you look at the pic I sent you of my tank the platform/ cave Hiccup is in I got from Petsmart same w/ the rock and both logs in his tank --- you should be able to find them on Petsmarts website and/ or go see them in the store- what I am having trouble finding is greens some people use real some plastic- I found a vine that has a real strong magnet on it but he hasnt sat on it dont think he will be able to stupid thing was $25 - I think its cuz of the magnet -- its hard to see things on the computer and I am not good w/ measurements - I am a visual person so I actually need to see it -- just keep looking and you will eventually find something that you like
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
the hammock is fine --- but you want rocks/ caves big enough for him to be able to get into --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom