New beardie health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awils1226

I got a new beardie about a week ago & he has barely drank any water I've tried a water bowl, misting & using a syringe & he'll drink a little but I don't think it's enough. & I feel like his eyes might be sunken in. Was trying to attach a pic but I can't figure out how to.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can get dehydrated pretty easily if under stress.
It's easy to post pictures here. Just click on the XIMG in the message box to upload pics
to the image gallery here, then copy/paste the IMG onto here.
We can review your tank setup also, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, substrate used,
temperatures & supplementation if you need, just to be sure everything is correct.

Tracie

Awils1226

Original Poster
103393-7599416221.jpg
this is him. I'll post a picture of his tank when I get home. I took this last night when I was worried his eyes might look sunken.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks very healthy in this picture & his eyes don't appear to be sunken in either. How is he
doing this evening?
It looks like he has a nice round beardie belly there also. :D Has he eaten anything recently?
Keep trying with misting him outside of his tank, or using a plastic dropper or syringe to drip it
onto the end of his snout. Eventually he will drink one way or another. You could also try
getting a shallow dish & placing him beside it then pouring water into it slowly while he is there
to watch. Swirl the water around with your finger while pouring the water into the dish slowly. It
may peak his interest & he will start to drink that way.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom