PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryy89

103369-6093901056.jpg
Please help me I don't know what to do my baby bearded dragon approximately 3 months old has developed what happens to look like literally someone tied a knot and its tail I don't know how it happened I just came home today and saw it I don't know if it's going to be a problem for my bearded dragon as I have three babies in the same tank and I've read somewhere that there's a possibility that the baby could have some sort of disease and it could be infectious and I'm worried and I don't have any exotic vets around me I have to travel in order to do that but I need money to pay for both the gas and the vet visit if there's any advice I know that I won't be able to physically untwist it but I would like to please hear some advice that could ease my anxiety as to whether or not my baby has a disease I am really worried there is a pic I am posting I cannot take anymore pictures right now as the Babe is sleeping and I do not to wake him/her up

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My guess is one of those babies in your tank may have bitten your others tail? Not sure - but it is not good to keep babies in the same tank strictly for that reason --plus many others as well - some one else on the board can look at it and see what they think

Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's definitely been bitten. You need to separate the babies ASAP. That part will fall off + should be fine, just keep an eye afterwards for infection and apply betadine + neosporin for now. You can even use sterile scissors to snip it off. But this is 100 % a bite and the biter WILL continue. Sorry that this happened. You can get some large plastic totes as temp housing for them, set up like this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29889/full

Use a few rocks + sticks from outdoors as cage decor, sticks can be sterilized in the oven at 225 for 40 minutes, rocks can be washed with dish liquid + rinsed well.

Maryy89

Original Poster
Problem is I don't have any money to buy any totes at the moment. And it's been bitten? How come it looks like it's completely twisted around in a knot? And NO WAY I am not snipping it off with scissors and causing my baby to bleed no thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They bite and the other flips around every which way like many animals do when trying to escape an attacker so it twisted the tail like that. And cutting does no harm, the harm is already done, the tail cannot heal + the other dragons will probably bite it again. But I'm not going to pressure anyone to do what they are not comfortable doing. So did you get these from a store + they convinced you to take 3 ?

Just feed these guys like crazy, 3-4 X a day so they are not tempted to bite more. Even then it's a good chance of happening again. Keep bowls of greens in the tank as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom