Viv pics only thread

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I was thinking about getting a new chicken coop for JIMMIA but because looked pretty awesome as it's got stairs, a few little hides, has ventilation etc but before I buy one I was just wondering - what do you think of these? where would you put the reptile light? (I know it can't go on the cold ground and it won't go outside and it kinda looks like this) :)
98861-7469836222.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I wouldn’t. Too much ventilation for one, hard to hold heat, hard to place lights etc.
I had one for my bunny, Oakley , but the wood has a strong odour when it’s in the house. I guess being made for outside it’s not that noticeable in the air but inside it made out noses irritated and hard to breathe through.
It was really weird!
Also my neighbour (builder) came over and wiped it slightly and discolouration came off so it must be caked in the oil they use to stain it which would not be a good risk with a beardie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
mecreos":3d4z1et6 said:
101655-3130654451.jpg
101655-4131373116.jpg
101655-4711534660.jpg
101655-567976037.jpg

How does this look? I just finished building it a few weeks ago......
48" high 24" deep 36" wide.
Now that my sir, Is a AWESOME looking tank, Amazing work!! Hopefully your Beardie will enjoy it! :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
ZShute17":26z304nw said:
This is my setup :) I'm picking my guy up tomorrow :)
103382-6464350871.jpg

Looks good! I do suggest moving either the UVB light or the basking light so they are next to eachother. This will allow both basking temps and basking levels of UVB to be spread over the main basking surface together.

ZShute17

CooperDragon":mbky7qvy said:
ZShute17":mbky7qvy said:
This is my setup :) I'm picking my guy up tomorrow :)
103382-6464350871.jpg

Looks good! I do suggest moving either the UVB light or the basking light so they are next to eachother. This will allow both basking temps and basking levels of UVB to be spread over the main basking surface together.

the basking lamp is a MVB which from what I have read supplies UVB, heat, and visual light. at least that is what I understand. is that wrong?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
ZShute17":3b0u3c48 said:
the basking lamp is a MVB which from what I have read supplies UVB, heat, and visual light. at least that is what I understand. is that wrong?

That is true. I thought I saw a tube UVB light along the top of the tank too though. MVB bulbs will provide UVB but they need to be set at a specific distance based on their brand and wattage (outputs vary) to provide the correct amount of UVB. This can make it tricky to also achieve proper basking temperature and gradient without using a separate basking bulb so I'd keep that in mind too.

ZShute17

CooperDragon":1rf7650f said:
ZShute17":1rf7650f said:

That is true. I thought I saw a tube UVB light along the top of the tank too though. MVB bulbs will provide UVB but they need to be set at a specific distance based on their brand and wattage (outputs vary) to provide the correct amount of UVB. This can make it tricky to also achieve proper basking temperature and gradient without using a separate basking bulb so I'd keep that in mind too.

there is a uvb lamp across the top as well and the MVB seems to supply enough heat as the basking spot right below the lamp is around 115 degrees and I will be getting a juvenile beardie. there is a good temperature gradient across the entire tank from 115ish all the way down to 80

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom