Brand new to this! Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1993

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mnuazzi said:
If you need to check on him just turn the light on and look-- I am sure he will be fine - he can go into his hide to get away from the glare of the TV- you can check your temp in the morning before you turn his lights on and that will give you the temp its been all nite - you dont need any type of light on at nite - they like it dark to sleep like us --
Karrie

Okay awesome! May be silly questions but i just want to be 100% sure, I already love my dragon and want the best for him/her. Also this morning was the first time I seen him go into his hide on the cool side once I turned on his lights ( Like he wasn't done sleeping yet )

I also placed an order from PetMountain and got the ReptiSun 30in T5 hood and had to get the ReptiSun 10.0 T5 bulb from amazon. Everything is on its way now! Super excited!

Nick1993

Original Poster
Also my beardie started shedding a few days ago but only on his tail, is this normal? If you can tell in the picture, the bottom half of his tail still hasn't finished yet but the top half has. I have given him a bath since this started and mist him once a day. Is this something I should be worried about of let it go?

[ximg]103337 565945614[/ximg]

Nick1993

Original Poster
CooperDragon":36pnkbns said:
That looks normal to me. The rest of the tail will probably break loose soon.

Okay, Thank You so much! You, Karrie, & Gormagon are awesome for helping!

One last question ( for now anyway lol )

Is this safe to use for cleaning the terrarium or would you recommend something else?
[ximg]103337 3465761421[/ximg]

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have never used it- I use vinegar/ water mixed w/ little more vinegar side in spray bottle- maybe someone else can answer
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have never used it- I use vinegar/ water mixed w/ little more vinegar side in spray bottle- maybe someone else can answer
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably safe but costs more than you need to spend. I also use vinegar mixed with some water for cleaning followed by some F10 disinfectant for sanitizing surfaces as needed.

Nick1993

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3gpvyfy7 said:
It's probably safe but costs more than you need to spend. I also use vinegar mixed with some water for cleaning followed by some F10 disinfectant for sanitizing surfaces as needed.

okay, good to know! thanks a bunch for the advice!

Nick1993

Original Poster
If you guys could please go take a look at the new topic I posted “ how’s my setup “ to see the progress you all have helped me make. I’d love any input as to how it is now. Thanks a million times!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom