Not completely shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayduece

My daughter’s Beardie is 6-7 months. He shed his back this morning but still has a patch that is building up and not coming off. Should I be concerned?

103378-749721891.jpg
103378-8432870484.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To me it looks odd but it could be just me-- some one else on the board needs to look at it
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could just be a stubborn piece of shedding skin. You don't want that to build up too much though. Try some warm water soaks if he is OK with baths, and you can also try putting some plain aloe over the area to help the skin soften and loosen for shedding. Let us know if the area starts to expand or look wounded though, as that could be a different issue.

shayduece

Original Poster
I talked to someone at a pet store and she recommended two 10-15 minute warm baths a day. I will try that. I also have aloe gel I can use after his bath. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom