Welp, straight up stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize no one has posted on this topic in a while, but here goes. So my friend owns a reeeeaaaaaaallllyyyy fat bearded dragon named Skyla. She feeds her wayyy too much. So one day I come over to her dad's house and we are casually watching tv and playing Splatoon 2 on her Nintendo Switch when I hear a noise coming from her beardie's viv direction. I snap my head back as fast as lightning and see her cat Gary on the top. He 'does this all the time' and 'is only heating up with the lamp'. I shrug it off until I get this: A straight up picture of her cat Gary in the cage, 'playing with the water bowl' and 'playing in the sand'. She says 'Gary has no intention of harming Skyla.' Like :?: hunny, that cat is straight up the most harmful, evil thing in your house and you think it's not going to hurt big fat helpless Skyla? UHHH, I THINK NOT!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, there isn't much to say here except that I absolutely totally agree with you. It is very sad
& unfortunately for their poor dragon, the cat will most likely hurt or kill her one of these days. :cry:
Is there anything at all, that you can do?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Your friend is a cretin. Sounds like this is a genetic condition ,since your friend's parents have taken absolutely no action to stop her behavior or to keep the cat away from the dragon, or they simply don't give a darn. Inappropriate remarks edited by Moderator.

It's only a matter of time before the unfortunate dragon is attacked by the cat (your friend will is foolish and she'll just think the two are "playing" when the cat is actually mauling and torturing the dragon and slowly killing it).

IMO this kind of thing (allowing cats access to a dragon , even it's viv) is abuse and extremely stupid.

I don't know why so many cat lovers just don't get it .

Why don't you ask if you can "borrow" the dragon (or tell her you are taking it to a vet for a health check or to adjust it's diet , tell her you need the tank too) , and then simply refuse to ever give the dragon back , I doubt this girl will even miss it.
If she gets upset and breaks off the friendship, so what ? do you really need a friend like her ?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have told her what will happen eventually but, it falls on deaf ears. Yes, I know this girl but, she can be hard headed.
When next I see her, I am going to offer to buy Skyla and, see what she says. I know my wife will get mad but....oh well,I'm used to it, LOL!!!!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Gormagon":1tl2drlo said:
I have told her what will happen eventually but, it falls on deaf ears. Yes, I know this girl but, she can be hard headed.
When next I see her, I am going to offer to buy Skyla and, see what she says. I know my wife will get mad but....oh well,I'm used to it, LOL!!!!
Update:
Saw her tonight at Archery practice and, there is a possibility I may be getting another dragon soon. She said she's done with it and, it would be up to her dad. Now if I can get him to understand why I want it.....to save it's life!!!!

ScaryDemonDragon

Original Poster
Yah know, I am really dissapointed in her. She is the one who wanted the beardie in the first place, and now doesn't even wanna take care of it, like, why? If we buy it we would be saving it from an early death. Seriously, the "ramp" that they put in there is homemade and unstable. It falls over constantly and she's probably gonna get killed... Just sayin :banghead:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
ScaryDemonDragon":30ubbglj said:
Yah know, I am really dissapointed in her. She is the one who wanted the beardie in the first place, and now doesn't even wanna take care of it, like, why? If we buy it we would be saving it from an early death. Seriously, the "ramp" that they put in there is homemade and unstable. It falls over constantly and she's probably gonna get killed... Just sayin :banghead:
Well, you know how things will be here if we get her. She's gonna have her own "safe and Stable" home where everyday will be a walk in the park. Maybe even a bit spoiled, :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'll even let you name her!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Gormagon":gnjnpaaw said:
Gormagon":gnjnpaaw said:
Update:
Saw her tonight at Archery practice and, there is a possibility I may be getting another dragon soon. She said she's done with it and, it would be up to her dad. Now if I can get him to understand why I want it.....to save it's life!!!!

I'd just tell him she's lost interest and is no longer giving it proper care and no longer even wants it because it's cramping her style and is too much effort and bother for her to care for and she's bored with it and neglecting it.

Keep it simple and just tell him you have other dragons and can give this dragon very good care and a great life (and it's all about the welfare of this neglected animal who is suffering at the moment).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news....I hope you are able to obtain her dragon before an accident happens.
When do you think you will have some type of answer? Keep us posted.

Tracie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Drache613":2cns5bhi said:
Hello,

That is great news....I hope you are able to obtain her dragon before an accident happens.
When do you think you will have some type of answer? Keep us posted.

Tracie
I will do some calling and, try and, find his number. Might get an answer in a day or so.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
kingofnobbys":1vijclur said:
Your friend is a cretin. Sounds like this is a genetic condition ,since your friend's parents have taken absolutely no action to stop her behavior or to keep the cat away from the dragon, or they simply don't give a sh1t.

It's only a matter of time before the unfortunate dragon is attacked by the cat (your friend will is such an ***** she'll just think the two are "playing" when the cat is actually mauling and torturing the dragon and slowly killing it).

IMO this kind of thing (allowing cats access to a dragon , even it's viv) is abuse and extremely stupid.

I don't know why so many cat lovers just don't get it .

As a cat lover, I don't understand either

Why don't you ask if you can "borrow" the dragon (or tell her you are taking it to a vet for a health check or to adjust it's diet , tell her you need the tank too) , and then simply refuse to ever give the dragon back , I doubt this girl will even miss it.
If she gets upset and breaks off the friendship, so what ? do you really need a friend like her ?

Anyways-that last bit is incredibly petty but if it saves the dragon, I don't see why it's bad. (Unless they sue you, then it's bad!)

I've seen so many incidents where cats completely tear off lizards legs, kill them. My cats (who lives with my sister in law now) nearly killed her lizard because he escaped! Now, the cats just watch the tank.
(We named him Boxy because we found him under a box

If she found what it was like to live in a tank, with no protection from a thing that you can't escape from, would she be okay with it?
Honestly, I only think that lizard is still alive because he gets fed. I don't even think she would notice scars and scratches in his body.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Prior to my first dragon (have had her for 4 months), I had only ever taken care of cats. I definitely love my cats, but I also understand them. It is definitely not a good idea to leave them like that. I don't allow cats in my beardy's room, whether or not they can get to her. Outside said room? Either the cats are locked in bedrooms or she does not leave my hands.

Animals can get along, but you never know what might tick one off just enough for something to happen. That being said, cats arent inherently bad as nobby stated above... they can be very loving creatures. Not worth the risk either way.

Edit: note my cats are far more interested in the crickets than my lizard and I do occasionally allow some crickets to be tortured by leaving their container in a room that the cats can access for their viewing needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom