How many locusts (hoppers) should my 4 month old eat a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV18

Hello everyone!!

I am the proud first time owner of a 4 month old red bearded dragon named Kura.

I have a few questions regarding feeding which I was hoping someone here could help with.

1)How many locusts should she be eating a day? The gentleman at the reptile store said she should get 10 a day but she seems to be getting hungry even with 10 and veggies.

2)How much should she weigh at this age?

3)At which point points should her diet start changing to insects every couple of days and veggies everyday?

If someone could give me a full run down of bearded dragon diets at different age points that would be great too!

Thank you :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
AV18":2wkiqjmh said:
Hello everyone!!

I am the proud first time owner of a 4 month old red bearded dragon named Kura.

I have a few questions regarding feeding which I was hoping someone here could help with.

1)How many locusts should she be eating a day? The gentleman at the reptile store said she should get 10 a day but she seems to be getting hungry even with 10 and veggies. Locusts? Are you talking crickets? 10 crickets / day is not enough - more like 20-30 2x per day dusted w/ D3 calcium powder 2 x per week w/ vitamins -I recommend dubia roaches they are better for them and easier to keep - 1 dubia = 6 crickets-- feed him as many as he will eat in 15 minutes or so

2)How much should she weigh at this age? Not sure on that one

3)At which point points should her diet start changing to insects every couple of days and veggies everyday? Insects are the main diet at this point -- if he/ she is eating vegies now that is good but mainly its bugs w/ the powders mentioned about - they need the protein - diet will change more towards a year old visit the Feeding Board and their is a link to a site for nutrition

If someone could give me a full run down of bearded dragon diets at different age points that would be great too! That is on the board I just mentioned

Thank you :D

AV18

Original Poster
Hi!

Thank you so much for your response.

I meant locusts. We have them here in the UK but i heard in the US they are banned as they are an invasive species or something.

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i googled locusts and they should eat as many as they can in 10 minutes
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom