HELP UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Help, i got a new uvb bulb and hood. Can i place this on top of the mesh? I know it blocks up to 50 percent of the uvb but i have a high output bulb. If not, how can i mount a hood

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
101770-4272306552.jpg
101770-6259315875.jpg

This is the uvb hood I currently have, (I also have a heat bulb not featured in the photo.) The uvb bulb is a t5 HO 24W 10.0 reptisun UVB. I have a mesh cover on my enclosure. Do I need to mount this inside the tank? If so how and where in the tank?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe. How much is intercepted depends on how fine the mesh top is really. Just need to adjust by making the basking area a little closer. Which bulb and fixture did you get? Is it a T5 with a reflector? If so, I'd say put the main basking area around 10'' below the bulb if it's shining through a mesh top. You can build some branches or climbs that allow closer access too.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah I see now. That's the ReptiSun T5 hood. It can sit on top. I'd just scoot it over so it's above the log and the hammock and next to the basking area. I'd probably turn the log into the main basking site.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1ufcrcyg said:
Ah I see now. That's the ReptiSun T5 hood. It can sit on top. I'd just scoot it over so it's above the log and the hammock and next to the basking area. I'd probably turn the log into the main basking site.

So where should I place his basking bulb then? To ensure he is getting both heat and UVB while basking?

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":11g6tk4r said:

101770-218342506.jpg
This is the space i have to work with. Maybe I could scoot the log forward and keep one of the lamps on the front part of the mesh?

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1s544lb6 said:

101770-9639847362.jpg
So I did some rearranging. He is in his hammock all the time so I put the UVB on the front section of the mesh top above the hammock. And I kept the heat lamp on the back with the log as his basking spot. Does this setup look okay?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that should work. Just keep an eye on him and see how he reacts and how he uses the light so you can adjust to fit his preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom