Any idea what kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dz909

Hey all,
We just got a new Dragon the other day from good ol PetSmart. Trying to figure out what kind it is. They had him/her listed as a Red. We've tried a ton of searches to try and find something that looks close but can't really nail is down. Some really cool markings and colors.
A little on him. 7 1/2 inches long, 11 grams.
Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
102913-1217359272.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He looks cute but my guess is he will change color a few times - some others can chime in - welcome to the forum you said Petsmart? Oh boy - people that work there dont have a clue as to how to take care of dragons so much bad advice and the stuff they sell w/ their "kits" are junk and useless! Please post a pic of your tank and lighting equipment -- so glad you found this forum at least we can help so you dont lose your dragon -- a lot of dragons die before we can help its good you got here now -- thank you

Karrie

dz909

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.
So true on the people that work there. Draco here is our 3rd dragon. We actually bought two others from there about 6 months ago, Flynn and Saigon. Flynn is currently 19" long and over 450grams last weigh in. Saigon just came out of what we thought was brumation but not so sure. He never really committed to it. He's at 18" and about 260 grams. Both of these two have custom built condos. Flynn is in a 7'x2'x2 and Saigon is in a 6'x2'x2. A quick shot of Flynn's below.
102913-4726161021.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oh good so you have other dragons---ok so at least we dont have to be concerned now--- I got Hiccup at around 3 months he was black and grey - the breeder that sold him told me he was a red leatherback um yeah right --- first I had no idea what a red leather back looked like except maybe he was supposed to be red--- here is a pic of Hiccup today -
97951-4838174088.jpg
97951-1112913592.jpg
-- I took him into a local private owner shop and they told me he was a Orange Citrus Tiger --- and that is exactly what he looks like
Karrie

dz909

Original Poster
Cute little guy! We had a similar deal with Flynn and Saigon when we bought them. Flynn was supposed to be a Red. It seems like they are all Reds from there. He looks more like a Citrus than anything. Saigon is really nice looking Leatherback. A shot of Flynn coming out of his cave about a month ago. He looks so tough when he stretches like that.. and Saigon looking out the window wanting to go play in the snow.
102913-9603059631.jpg
102913-1757060746.jpg

dz909

Original Poster
They are in different rooms in the house. Saigon and Draco are in my sons room and Flynn is in a different room. Last summer when we had them out in the yard or on the deck they did just fine together. Flynn has matured enough that if he is in his cage and he sees one of the other two he gets a little wound up. It's funny how the personalities can be so different. Last night Flynn fell asleep on me watching TV. Saigon he just wants to climb on your shoulder and snuggle his nose into your neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom