Current beardie staring at our new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I've been a bearded dragon owner for a little over a year now and today we just got a new addition to the family!

My current dragon, Blue, was only about 4 weeks when we first got her, and our new baby, Echo, is ~4-6 weeks. They each have their own viv adjacent to each other. We set up the new cage and Echo got busy exploring/hanging out on her new hammock, but Blue just seems to be so curious about her new sister. She hasn't shown any signs of aggression, no black beard, no puffing or darkened tail, no leaping or lunging at the glass when she sees Echo. But she decided to just hang out on the side of her cage closest to Echo's most of the day and periodically kept staring over at her. Echo also stared back at some point, but then just went back to her hammock. FYI, Blue is rarely on the side of the cage she's on now. It's the cool side, and while she does chill out there from time to time (pun intended), it's never for very long.

I've never had more than one pet at a time, let alone two beardies, so I just wanted some opinions on what to expect behavior wise. I don't want to introduce them face to face yet as Echo is still way too small, and while I trust Blue (she's been socialized with my cousin's beardie who's about the same age and all went well), you never know.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It would be best if they never saw each other again. It is safer and, less stressful for both dragons. You can put a divider between the vivs to accomplish this.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree w/ Gormagon-- are they both female? Its pretty early to tell if Echo is a girl-- usually you cant tell till they are around 5-6 months old-- dragons should not see each other unless they are being bred- it tends to stress them out-- its a dominance thing - right now they are pretty young but as they age behavior will change ---

Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom