Beardie forced exhale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
My beardie was laying on her hammock, I went to go pet her and she started making this noise like she was dry heaving or forced exhaling. Like a cat would when coughing a hair ball but softer. It happened 4 times very short spurts. She did it again while laying on me.
I’m very worried.
Her color is good, no black beard, she at completely fine this morning and pooped earlier in the bath.
She was out for a bit hiding in her hide and got a little cold a couple hours ago and I put her under her basking light as soon as I noticed. I keep the heater on when she’s out.

She has a 150w basking bulb, temp under it is 90-95.

I am currently freaking out thinking something is horribly wrong. I can’t get her to a vet until hopefully Saturday. I have to wait till the morning to call.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SandP":36zbymfi said:
Is it possible she ate something she shouldn't have while she was out?

Maybe. She was in her hide. She’s not doing that exact thing today. But she’s still doing little beard puffs and swallowing.
This has happened at the worst time. There’s a snow storm that just started

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is she still making forced exhalation noises?
I would hold off on any baths right now, just in the case she has aspirated some water during
her last bath which is very common! Plus, if she is developing some type of respiratory infection,
a bath may get her chilled, too.
What are her basking temperatures in her tank?
For now, I would try to keep her around 80 or so in her tank over night, to help boost her immune
system. Bump up her basking temperatures to no higher than 110 also which can help in cases
of respiratory problems , too.
Is she eating well?

Tracie

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2iyjhtiu said:
Hello,

Is she still making forced exhalation noises?
I would hold off on any baths right now, just in the case she has aspirated some water during
her last bath which is very common! Plus, if she is developing some type of respiratory infection,
a bath may get her chilled, too.
What are her basking temperatures in her tank?
For now, I would try to keep her around 80 or so in her tank over night, to help boost her immune
system. Bump up her basking temperatures to no higher than 110 also which can help in cases
of respiratory problems , too.
Is she eating well?

Tracie
Sorry we were moving apartments.
She is eating just fine.
She just randomly seems like she’s coughing. But with her mouth closed. Her entire body lunges a little forward and she makes one hair ball noise.

I don’t know what’s wrong :(

I don’t know what to do about the bath situation cause she won’t poop without a bath.

Her currently basking temps are between 90-95. I keep the CHE on at night and that keeps it at 80.
I don’t know how to boost her day basking temps. The heat lamp sits on the screen.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If she is still coughing & or wheezing, you may need to get her to a vet if she is developing a
respiratory issue. You can use a ceramic heat emitter to help boost the basking temperatures
up to a range of 95-105 at least to help her out right now.
Is she eating much right now?
If she wont go to the bathroom without getting a bath, then you can give a short bath earlier in
the day so you can be sure she is nice & dry before bedtime.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom