Dobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
So after weeks of her hiding away and me thinking she’s either ill or in semi brumation , a visit to the vet various food changes changed substrate etc etc. We changed her uv tube to the t5 and hey presto she comes out :) I thoroughly recommend these t5 uv tubes absolutely no flicker
100805-4810645147.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I completely agree! :D The T5 tubes are excellent & have such a great quality & overall
brightness to them.

Tracie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It doesn’t appear as bright as the previous tube though. And she has gone back to hiding under cave and only eating 2-3 locusts per day. I give up and just let her do her own thing. Veg seems to go but not sure if she’s eating it or it’s just wilting. I work 12 hour shifts and unless hubby or daughter are home she’s left alone. Could that be the problem maybe lonely ? Do they even get lonely ? ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No they dont get lonely they are mainly a loner creature but do like the attention - it could be shes doing the semi brumation thing -- as long as shes not losing weight -- can you weigh her and keep track of her weight? Mine has been horribly lazy and not eating much either - just keep offering her bugs and her vegies ---- she will eat if shes hungry- make sure shes hydrated - either by giving her a bath or drip water on her nose to see if she will lick it off-
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes her weight is steady I keep a record. lost a few grams before we changed her uv tube. I’ve just been informed by hubby she has been out from under the cave for a few hours this morning :) I give her a bath once a week and spray her and the fake plants daily. She licks the drops off the leaves

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good then shes getting water--- I wouldnt worry to much about her then --- just give her lots of cuddles they like to cuddle and they like soft things like fleece blankets etc.... just follow her lead and keep an eye on her she should be fine - any behavior changes etc you can always ask here again - we have Tracie Drache613 as a vet moderator and others on here that are well equipped w/ answering med questions as well

Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank You. Can you put fleece in the vivarium or will it catch fire ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can put it in her hide /cave -- and no it shouldnt catch fire if its away from bulb - you wouldnt wanting touching the bulb -- where do you have her hide is it under the basking bulb - I have Hiccups on the other side of the tank so there is no heat on the fleece--

Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has 2, 1 each end but prefers the 1 under the basking bulb. Putting fleece under there sounds good idea as I’m home next 2 days I’ll try it while I can watch for overheating. Thank You. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your welcome -- if you have anymore concerns please ask -- we r here to help
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom