Droopy Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a beardie that’s about 7 months old. Over the past 2 weeks he’s had increasingly droopy eyes and a little bit of lethargy. He has no other symptoms... eats normal, poops normal, plays aroud a good bit. I was doing research and figured it is probably dehydration since he does not drink out of his water bowl but I give him baths basically every day. His eyes get better after his baths but are back dropping after a few hours. What can I do to hydrate him a little more? Should I use his dropper to water him a few times a day AND do baths? Or do y’all think it is something other than dehydration?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of your tank and lighting? What are his basking temps? What kind of lighting do you have? Substrate?
Karrie

marthakatejenkins

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ohl9bp4 said:
Please post pics of your tank and lighting? What are his basking temps? What kind of lighting do you have? Substrate?
Karrie
I’m not sure how to post pics but I have reptisun 10.0 in the tank and a heat bulb with basking temps of 101. Substrate is reptile carpet. He also has a hide, basking rocks, and a limb to climb on.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so that all sounds good - post pics of your beardie-- go to top of page click on user image uploader--down load pics- click reply at top of message box click on XIMG -- pics will post

Karrie

SPandS

Juvie Member
Does he drink in the baths? If not he is getting no hydration from them. If you think he is dehydrated then yes offer him drops of water on his nose. Pics will help us to see if it's dehydration or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom