Not open for further replies.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Images here: http://imgur.com/a/hXCxhEJ

More images to come.

Devlyn is home early. She is 13 inches from snout to tip. I used a string along her body to measure, then measured the string. A straight tape measure would probably come up with a little less length. Approximately 6 months old according to the original owner who had to re-home her. Devlyn is very alert, looking at everything. She is also chill. She had 3 dubia after coming to her home. She declined parsley. The first owner I'll call Jane for anonymity, says Devlyn likes parsley, mint, dandylion greens, and radish greens. Mostly eats dubia roaches and sometimes black soldier larva or wax worms. I got collard greens, mustard greens, radish greens, bell pepper, carrots, green beans, and parsley to try for Devlyn. I also have Bee pollen Jane gave me, which she said Devlyn needed to have as a bribe to eat greens.

For no damn reason I can't find my full tape measure. So I'm estimating her cage to be 4 feet by 18 inches by 18 inches. It's smaller than I thought, but enough for now. I'm still getting used to the set up so I don't have the exact cage specifications. I'll get that info up over the weekend. Her current cage placement will be Central to the hangout area of the house. A house which is thousands of time more chill than where she came from. Devlyn came from a house with 4 very young kids not in primary school yet, 3 huge dogs, Jane and formally the husband of Jane and they are separated now, and cats. Devlyn's new home spot also has windows to look out of and will see TV with us. She has a UVB tub light, heat spot lamp, and ceramic heater. She had hides, beds, hammock, and basking spot within 12 inches of spotlight lamp.

I got a dubia roach colony along with Devlyn. I hate roaches, as a kid I was genuinely terrified of them. But I take great pleasure in knowing they die, eaten alive, to help Devlyn grow big and beautiful. I'm also interested in starting a black soldier fly colony as long as Devlyn likes eating them.

I'm so excited! I grew up with a bearded dragon named King George. He was so sweet and Mello. Now I have Queen Devlyn and she is master of this house. I have 1 cat and 1 frog for other pets. (edit for typos)

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I set Devlyn on her bed to sleep last night. She did not move at all the whole night. Once the lights came back on and heat she moved a little bit, looking at everything, she is very attentive, but not moving much. She ate a wax worm for a treat and didn't eat anything else yet. I offered food of dubia and salad first before the wax worm, and left food in there. She was used to not being fed until 11am to noon. I got her food at 6:45am. I moved her to the basking area to warm up. I am guessing Devlyn learned to not move much, as kids and dogs and cats would all be able to see her. She had only 1 hide in the original cage set up, I put another in there.

I'll be more hands on for eating lunch, encourage her to eat salad and dubias. Her salad today is chopped collards, turnips, green beans, parsley, bell pepper with shredded carrot, Fluker's calcium +D3, and bee pollen (Jane was feeding her this last one). Jane was using calcium, no D3 added, I'd prefer +D3 for a growing dragon.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome back to the wonderful world of dragon slavery!!!!
How old is Devlin? She is a good look'n little girl and, I am glad she got a good home.
All that activity in a new home must have been terrifying for Devlin (hince not eating much). She has to acclimate to this new world she is in and, learn that the dangers she sees are not what they seem. It could take weeks for her to get comfortable and, start eating on a regular schedule. Imagine if you will..... Put yourself in hey paws :shock: !!! Your setting in your domain and, all is good in your world and, a mighty earthshake happens and, changes everything you knew. The scenery outside your kingdom walls has changed and, the creatures that used to roam that world are gone. Now the new world before you has many new things and, creatures to evaluate (figure out the good and bad), it will be a long time before you feel safe again.
Your beard may cause issues because to them a dark beard is a sign of aggression (in some cases).
Please, Never let the cat near your dragon again!!! Not saying your cat is a BAD cat, it's just a cat's nature to mame and, torture small creatures till they die "they do not play well with others".

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
More pics of enclosure, bonus sexy leg: https://imgur.com/a/MaTplyA (link should work now)

Devlyn has not even been here 24 hours, I am impressed by how she is handling the stress of the move. She is a chill little Buddha. This enclosure is the same one she has been living in. I made one small changing adding a hide log under the stone steps to her basking spot. The hide rock in there is a little small for her to easily fit. Plus, I've read it is good to have 2 hide spot choices. She is approximately 6 months old. Born first week of August 2018 my best guess. The pet store who sold her did not know or care. She was purchased the last week of August 2018 as a baby. 13 inches long. 186 grams today. Her skin tented slightly so I gave her a bath to help hydrate her today.

I supervised this meeting with cat and dragon. I have known my cat for almost 13 years. This was my judgement on what would be good for both of them. Let my cat nearby to get some scent. She walked away after I grabbed that picture. I also have a frog that my cat does not care for. She is a cat and she hunts, only furry creatures. I will see her sniff a toad outside, then walk away. I took out Devlyn for a bath, my cat Greysie did not care. She had a closeby sniff in that picture as a first meeting, hey new scent in the house, knows the scent now, and for her that's all she needs. I take my commitment to animals seriously, that's why I only have a few so everyone gets the attention they need.

I would never leave Devlyn unsupervised for any reason, with people or anything. I want her to be my buddy for a long time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom