HELP...MOVING

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hello All:

So I need some inexpensive ideas for the possibility of moving my beardie. My sweetheart and I have been talking about the possibility of moving in together and wanted to do test runs, with me staying over and getting ready at his place more often. Problem is, if I do that, then I will be leaving my Tampico alone more often than I'd like and feeding her would be a problem since it's not like we live down the street from each other and I can run over to her whenever I'd like. So I'm asking for some ideas on how to do this. She's 1+ year old and 14 inches long. I was thinking of getting a small temporary setup for his place and cart her back and forth every couple of days, but tanks are pretty expensive so I really don't know the best way to do so. :study: :blob5: :blob8:

HELP!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance, guys!

SPandS

Juvie Member
For an enclosure you can buy or if you have one already use a storage bin if there are no other pets or young kids that can get into it. For the lights you could just bring them back and forth but then you risk them possibly getting hit and break or even burning out faster due to the movement. Maybe try a mercury vapor bulb. I don't have any first hand knowledge with them so I don't know a good brand.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SandP":kpnzux9b said:
For an enclosure you can buy or if you have one already use a storage bin if there are no other pets or young kids that can get into it. For the lights you could just bring them back and forth but then you risk them possibly getting hit and break or even burning out faster due to the movement. Maybe try a mercury vapor bulb. I don't have any first hand knowledge with them so I don't know a good brand.

Thank you. Do you think that would traumatize the poor girl? Being in a bin for a couple/few days a week? I just want to make sure she's taken care of before I decide to do anything big.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Traumatize? No. Stress out? Maybe. Some dragons handle being relocated better than others. You could do a test run in your home. Set up the bin like you would have it set up at your boyfriends and see how she reacts. If she's too stressed just move her back to her regular enclosure.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is there a room you can put her in where she is safe? If so, you can use a carrier and set up a mercury vapor bulb on an adjustable stand for her. I use this as a travel setup and it works well. Some dragons do better than others with travel but I've had good luck so far.

76248-2473803661.jpg

Foxxy76

I like my mega ray MVB bulb. I've accidentally bumped it a few times while cleaning/dusting and it didn't seem to affect it. Just be careful as they get super hot!

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3i54ca9d said:
Is there a room you can put her in where she is safe? If so, you can use a carrier and set up a mercury vapor bulb on an adjustable stand for her. I use this as a travel setup and it works well. Some dragons do better than others with travel but I've had good luck so far.

76248-2473803661.jpg

He has a second bedroom and I think we could feasibly set that up as a nice big "tank" for her while we're both away. I'll look into the combo light for her, that way she can be warm, get her UV on, and roam for days. Haha

Thanks for the help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't seen those before. It looks like it's small/tall for a dragon though and more suited for something like a chameleon.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":32daanjz said:
I haven't seen those before. It looks like it's small/tall for a dragon though and more suited for something like a chameleon.

I found one in 100 gallon. Not sure if it's worth getting. My guy is just afraid it'll be too cold in the extra room because it's so big, even with the light for her. Still not sure yet :study:

This is the one....
https://www.educationalscience.com/index.php/reptile-terrarium-reptile-small-animal-and-butterfly-habitat-terrarium-16-5-x-30-x-48-inches-13-75-cu-ft-lr100.html#.XFtUFVVKiUk

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That one looks better. Couldn't hurt to give it a try. That said, if you are able to keep the room closed off, block off any areas you can't access easily, and keep small bits that may be ingested off the floor then providing a whole room is nice. They are pretty good about returning to the basking area to warm up and at least my guy tends to enjoy having a lot of space to roam freely. This works well for him both at home (3 basking lights around the house) and on the road (up to two week vacation with a setup like this and several weekend trips). It really comes down to their individual preference and what works best for you though so give either one a try.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, that's how she is around my house. I keep her tank door open for when she wants to wander back in and she does on her own, so I think she'll be okay in a big room, but he's kinda afraid of it. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom