Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad to hear from you, your girls look great. Grr is gaining weight and going through a body shed right now. She loves roaches, eats out of her dish or I get her to run after them in the living room until she's full. She still has a funny head nod and I'm pretty sure she has parasites, but I have to wait a few more days before I can afford to take a sample in. And my vet isn't in that often. I have to call & find out if I can just leave a sample & bring Grr in another time, as she'll need a blood test. I've been giving her Calciblast from bug-de-lite to up her calcium level, I think it was very low. She came to me laying eggs and the whites were very think and see through. Infertiles, so that was good. And she only laid a few, then really started eating. I lost Gabriel on Oct 25 and brought Grr home not long afterwards. She's done so well since I did and spends all her outside time flirting with my boys, so they're both in full Spring Fever mode, especially Castiel...they are just too funny. So remember when I had 5 boys, then Puff moved in? That was a few years ago now, but since them I've been accumulating females. So now I have 3 girls and 2 boys...oh boy....I think there will be eggs from Freya and Grr in the spring/summer. Should be interesting. At least I'm used to eggs, so I know what to do. Now if only my boys would eat on their own, but no, I have to feed both of them :laughhard: I just don't get why they won't eat from a dish. I think Nathaniel would just starve to death if I expected him to eat on his own. I'm not sure about Castiel, but right now, he'd spill out whatever bugs I gave him anyway. His tank is a total mess. He does the same thing every year and he's only 4 LOL

I'll post some pics I took soon. I have to get back to work tomorrow & Friday, but then not back until Monday and still have every Wednesday off.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello everyone!

The girls are both pretty much done brumating, Norberta is still doing a light popcorn sleep but Mufasa is wide awake. Both and growing and happy, Mufasa is doing pretty much a whole body shed right now in sections so she looks pretty funny lol. I can't believe how big they are now as 3 year olds.

82607-8036271608.jpg
82607-4184905123.jpg
82607-5259171091.jpg

82607-6846677740.jpg
82607-750340312.jpg
82607-5432678885.jpg

Also, I'm officially going to college in the fall! I haven't made a decision yet as to where I'm going as I'm waiting to hear back from the last two colleges I applied to, but I'm super excited! And my family has even agreed to keep and take care of my animals for me while I'm in college so long as I get rid of the roaches (my mom refuses to touch them and wont feed them to the beardies), so I'm trying to think of a new staple bug for them. Would phoenix worms work as a staple? Maybe mixed with occasionally silkworms and superworms? The girls are pretty great about eating their salads and don't always eat their bugs but still eat them regularly enough.

I hope everyone is doing well! :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congratulations on going to college. What are you going to be studying?

As for bugs for your girls, large phoenix worms, silkworms, superworms, butterworms. All are high in calcium (except superworms, high in fat). There aren't any others except crickets & who wants to deal with them. I wish someone in your family could handle the roaches, because they are the best food for them. I certainly understand why your mom doesn't want to deal with them.

So I now have 3 girls. When Gabriel passed, I brought home Grrl (original name Grr because she was "nasty" but she's a sweetheart with me). Nathaniel & Castiel are going constantly nuts over the 3 of them because I can have the 3 girls out on the carpet running after their food and they don't fight. But if they're out of their own together, Grrl and Freya will run straight at Cierra and bash her with their snouts. So only for food...

I'm getting closer to retirement, less than 2 years left, so I'm a happy camper. Having to move May 1 so moving into the rental apartments where my son & family live, so I'll be able to see my grandchildren a whole lot more often. Plus the car is parked underground there and my son has access to it when he needs it. I don't want to move, but my landlady is putting the place up for sale. I could stay until the place is sold but they haven't even put it up for sale. So I decided to get out of here...the place I'm moving to is an old building, well maintained, rent is cheap and the 1 bedroom will be over 100 sq ft more and a double balcony. So lots of place to live in & the building is beside the elementary school where my grandson goes to kindergarten and a huge park right behind the building. Plus still close to where I live now.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm thinking psychology, but I'm still undecided right now lol.
Alright thank you, yeah I wish they would deal with the dubia too, I'll try and talk her into getting them occasionally but we'll see.
How has Grr settled in? Your poor boys lol. :lol: That's great you're going to be closer to your son and his family! I hope moving goes well.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks Makayla. I know you'll have fun in college and I'm glad you're mom will take care of your girls. I found out yesterday that I've got an appt on Eric's floor, so we'll be in the same building, which will be great for the kids & me & them! I figured it was meant to be if I'm able to get the apartment where I wanted it. So 3rd floor, down the hall from them. We agreed, my son & I, that the kids won't be let loose, he'll cal or I'll call if we want to visit. This will be very interesting indeed!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello everyone!

We're doing pretty good here. Mufasa was up for a while and is back in her hide sleeping. :roll: Norberta has enough energy for both her and Mufasa, and has taken to smearing her poop everywhere if I don't clean it up the second she's done. Nothing new really.

Have you moved yet, Deb?
Hope everyone and theirs are doing well! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So good to hear from you and to hear your girls are both doing well. Everyone here is up, all 3 girls are laying eggs, even Grrl is almost due. Cierra and Freya have both laid 1 clutch each, now they're getting geared up for their 2nd clutch. Grrl is working on her 1st clutch.

No I move on April 27. Have most everything checked, calling movers next. I need to be packed & moved, so that should cost me about $1k but may be less. Either way it's a real pain to be moving, but once it's done, I'll be down the hall from my son & family.

Nathaniel, Castiel, Cierra and Grrl all have parasites, so on panacur treatments. So that's all keeping me very busy. Still struggling to get back to work, didn't go in this last week at all. So will try again on Monday & on April 8 I see the company doctor. Got copy of my MRI to show this new doc what's going on with my back and left hip (arthritis). I did get a new pair of shoes, they need to go to a shoemaker to be stretched, but otherwise they are so very comfortable.

I hope school is doing well & that you're almost done. I'll have pics of my new place once I've moved & I'll post them.

Other than the parasites, they're all very healthy. For that I'm grateful. I don't want to lose any more, losing Gabriel was very hard on me. So hopefully they stay well and healthy as they are. I can't believe that Cierra and Nathaniel are now 5 1/2 yrs old. Castiel is 4 1/2, Grrl is about 6 yrs and Freya is about 2. So they're all still young, for which I'm grateful. :D :D :D

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello everyone, sorry it's been a while. I hope you and yours are doing well!

Unfortunately my parents changed their minds and I have to rehome all my animals before leaving for school in the fall. :( I thought I had two people lined up for Olympia (my ball python) and Mufasa but they both backed out, so I'm back to square one. This is hard, I'm going to miss them so much. :(

I don't have any pictures on my computer, I'll try and add some this week. Norberta just went through a full body shed, she just has a little left on her tail and shes done. She's developed a bad habit of smearing her poop everywhere in her tank if it isn't cleaned right away, and I'm always at work when she poops so I'm scrubbing her whole tank and giving her a bath almost every day :roll: Mufasa was up for a month maybe and went right back to sleep, i finally woke her up yesterday and blocked her hide, she's slept enough now I think, lol. She's pouting underneath her basking platform now, and has been all day, silly girl.

Love you all!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so sorry you're having to rehome your beloved pets, Makayla. I hope you find someone who will give them the best care and that you'll be able to visit when you come home during holidays. All the best to you!

I moved May 1 to the same building as my grandkids. In fact, I'm down the hall, so see them every day. I try to take my grandson to school (which is next door) every am, but can't always do that. I'm finally at work, back is stable enough and I have every Wednesday off, so that helps. I have only 1 1/2 yrs to go & I retire with, hopefully, 4 pensions.

I'll be looking forward to pictures, I have to do that, too. Have to get the pics off my cell 1st. My new place is 750 sq ft 1 bedroom. The living room is 20' long and long enough to have all 5 dragons in a row. So that's helpful, as they can't see each other now.

Keep me posted over the summer! I'll update as soon as I can. Being back to work f/t takes up 11 hours of each day I work...I will be so glad to be done!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm really upset about it, I'm going to miss them so so much. Thank you, I hope so too.
I'm glad you were able to move closer to your family Deb! Your apartment sounds great. And you are so close to retirement! :blob5:

Here are the pictures I promised. I've been busy and kept forgetting to post them. I'm working a lot over the summer before I leave the end of August.
82607-9746465124.jpg
82607-6171397758.jpg
82607-5342056719.jpg
82607-4303266499.jpg
Mufasa keeps pushing her hide out of the corner and falling asleep behind it or under her basking platform (since the hide itself is still blocked off). :roll: Silly girl.
Norberta is just chilling, she went through a full body shed recently and seems relieved to be done with that, lol.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds like Mufasa is going to brumate soon. Nathaniel and Castiel are both fast asleep, so won't see them again until Oct/Nov. Cierra is still running around and not impressed that I have no sunshine on my new balcony. I have to get them into bags and take them to the park so they can bask some. But they all have good lights, so I have time to get the 2 lights that need changing (the boys lights).

Have any news about new homes for them both? I know how this must feel for you, having them both as long as you have. I hope you find someone that will care for them as you've done and keep you updated with them.

I'm having a ball living in my new space. It's big & can have my grandkids over whenever I want. They really make me tired, so usually have one at a time. They can both come over, but they have to watch TV after playing or they'll bug each other to yelling & screaming, then they go home, even though they protest they want to stay. My grandson Leo starts summer school tomorrow for 2 weeks, comprehension and something else, to help him along for next year and to see what we have to work on with him this summer, before Grade 1. Safara starts kindergarten in Sept and I have a feeling she will try to run the classroom. Her teacher is going to have a handful on her hands!

Keep in touch even when you go to school, k? We've known each other, seems like forever!

I'll have pictures, soon, they're all on my cell & I have to transfer them to my laptop to post here.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Are Grr and Freya still awake? Poor Cierra, she misses her balcony lol.
No news, I had people interested in Mufasa and my snake and they've all backed out. I have a friend who might foster Norberta for me but I need to check with him and see if he's for sure. But really I'm just lost as to what to do.
How fun, I can't believe your grandkids are that old already! I'll definately keep in touch, it really does feel like its been forever! I can't wait to see pics. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
There is a site I know that I'll post to you. It's a sister site to a rescue site I admin. It's specifically to rehome healthy reptiles. I'll get that to you soon.

And yes, keep me posted. I would love to hear of your adventures in college. What are you studying?

I had a procedure yesterday & will have some surgery coming up, so back on sick leave again, but won't take long. Eric left me with a few body things I have to fix. So this is the last thing and I'll be done with childbirth stuff. I mean Eric is 35 1/2 yrs old, time to get that fixed right? It's hemmroids...

Cierra just wants to be on the balcony, so when the sun comes out and the air is warm, I let her run around on it. Freya prefers to be on my shoulder or in her tank. Grrl is not sure if she's sleepy or wants to stay up or brmate or what??? She's a bit comfused. I've only had her since Nov and she's laid 2 clutches since then, I hope she stays up, she can listen to my little boom box all winter!

Cierra normally sleeps in August, but I've noticed, with out overcast weather, that she's not too energetic right now. But I get her up anyway. Not sure if Freya will brumate fully or just popcorn brumate. I'll see that how goes. They're all so different. I wake the boys up on the weekend to get them baths, let them bask a bit & back to sleep. We'll see if Nathaniel stays up, sometimes he does.

I have to replace the boys lights, so very glad they're sleeping. Will hopefully get that done in August when I have $ again. The move was more expensive than I expected (always) but I've been here for over 2 mo now and it feels as welcome as when I first moved in. Seeing my grandkids when I want to really helps, too.

I'll get back to you on that link, I know alot of healthy dragons have been rehomed through that site.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That would be great, thank you!
Definitely! I'm studying psychology, not sure what I want to do with it specifically but hopefully something will jump out this first year. :blob8:
I hope you can get back to work quickly! The girls all sound great, lol. Can't wait to see pics. Brumating is a pain! That's good timing with the boys and their lights, tho!

Mufasa is up for real right now, and she keeps leaving me big ole poops when I get home from work. :roll: which is good though, because last week I slept in one day and my sister woke me up telling me Mufasa was eating her fake flowers :angry5: I couldn't get to her fast enough and she ate some of it, but I think I've seen most of it in her poop. I might give her some mineral oil to make sure though. The pest thought I was too late for breakfast and decided to take matters into her own hands.
Norberta is just chilling, she's starting to shed a little so that's probably why.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You need to take the fake plant & put something she can't nibble on. They can get impacted from plastic. So just to be safe...I don't have anything in their tanks that they can eat in any way. Because all of mine would. LOL

I have to find the time to move my pictures from my cell phone to the computer, then I can get the pictures on my thread.

I have my grandkids every day. Leo is in summer school to practice vocabulary and learn patters, etc. So I take him to school every morning and pick him up after school because I'm on short-term again at work. I need surgery, nimor but difficult to move around. Left over from childbirth & he's now 35 1/2 so I figured it was time to take care of it, before I retire next year. But Bella is always glad when I'm home. And gives me time with Grrl and Freya. Grrl is still laying eggs, 7 so far in the last few days.

Hard to think of you in university! Glad you're starting with psychology, it leads into so many different things. You'll figure out what you want to do!

Good luck with the girls. I'll try to have pictures soon. By the time the kids go home at 5p, I'm exhausted and in bed by 9p, then I'm up at 6a...wrong schedule LOL. When I work I get home at 9:30m so can't continue this when I'm back to work. I'm hoping surgery will be in Aug and I can get back to work when I'm recovered, which shouldn't take very long. My son will continue to drive me closer to work & pick me up when he can. His girlfriend has just been promoted to an assistant mgr position, full time. She starts in September. We're so excited, she started as cashier & has been sent to different departments and has done well. She thought she was helping out, no they were grooming her. So she was really excited to let me know when I took her shopping last weekend.

Talk to you soon, Makayla!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom