Bearded dragon or rankins dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
102023-6385329221.jpg
Hey guys. I was just wondering out of general curiosity if my baby dragon (venom) is a rankins or beardie? He is just about to be two months old and I’ve had him for almost a month now and he has definately gotten larger. He sheds about once every two weeks (give or take) and he is definately showing signs of growth. He’s nearing 7 inches at two months old. I was just wondering because I got him from pet smart and he was labeled “fancy bearded dragon” and he was the only one they had at the time and I just want to make sure I have a beardie and not a rankins. Either way I’m not getting rid of him if he’s a rankins, I’d still love my little guy either way but Id be pretty bummed out if he doesn’t grow to the size I want him to. I’ll attach pictures so you guys can make your own conclusions! Thank you!!
102023-5082923369.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, cute little guy, looks good + healthy. :) He's def. not a Rankin's. They are a specialty dragon, pretty + cost more than any pet stores are willing to pay + then resell. At 7" he would be more than half grown if he were a Rankin's since they max out about 11" as adults.

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Just an FYI - chain like PetSmart, PetCo etc - like to name certain dragons as "fancy" and then charge more for them. There really isn't a morph of "fancy" its just their markings - which I can see on yours has very nice markings across his back - and the extra $$. Still very cute little guy. Hope all is well with you both.

if you're curious about the different morphs: https://www.beardeddraco.com/bearded-dragon-colors-morph-and-patterns-with-pictures/

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not all fancy labelled dragons are hypo. They also label leatherbacks and at times very colorful dragons as fancy. It's the pet stores way of saying that it's special in some way + can get a bit higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom