Scared for my babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzumaki

I really need help i have two baby beardies and they have had strange behavior lately. They have the really colorful spots on the bellys and kept trying to climb on the walls and would run into the glass. Then my male would jump and try and bite the theromater so i upgraded tanks to a 40 gallon and now my humidity is terribly high 60-70% and i cant bring ir down to save my life and scared its stresseing them out and making it hard to breath they have just been acting strange and it worries me please help

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Uzumaki":24mwel8y said:
I really need help i have two baby beardies and they have had strange behavior lately. They have the really colorful spots on the bellys and kept trying to climb on the walls and would run into the glass.
Check the temperatures in the tank at the warm zone, cool zone and basking spot , what are these temperatures ?

Then my male would jump and try and bite the theromater so i upgraded tanks to a 40 gallon and now my humidity is terribly high 60-70%
>> 70% RH IS NOT A PROBLEM , I rarely have RH UNDER 70% , coastal tropical , even with my big refrigerative split air con running 24/7 in summer and windows kept closed.
and i cant bring ir down to save my life and scared its stresseing them out and making it hard to breath they have just been acting strange and it worries me please help

if they are sharing the same tank , they need rehousing in separate tanks.

Uzumaki

Original Poster
The temp in the warm zone is 95 cool sides about 78 and why would they need seperated they seem fine together and bask together they havent fought or attacked each ither to my knowledge

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Uzumaki":2na295yd said:
The temp in the warm zone is 95 cool sides about 78 and why would they need seperated they seem fine together and bask together they havent fought or attacked each ither to my knowledge

Because you will have one who is dominating the other (even if you think everything is calm and they enjoy each other's company , even appear to love each other), the result will be the submissive will not get it's fair share of the food, the best basking or sleeping spots and it will be continuously stressed and scared of it's more vigorous dominant tank mate.
The rest is one will thrive the other wont.

Eventually (and it's only a matter of time) the dominant will start biting and chasing it's submissive companion and this is a sure sign that it is going to be attacked and mauled (this is when toes/fingers, feet/hands, arms/legs and tails are bitten and ripped off , and yes a dragon is perfectly capable of crushing the skull of another dragon).

You might get away with housing the two together for a few months if they are a male & female or two females, no chance of this if they are two males. You already have one who wants to get away from the other ( take the hint you are being given by the dragon ).

Best housing the pair in their own individual tubs or tanks and this way you avoid all this and both will be happy and stressfree and both will thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom