tail rot cured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyj521

My beardie, Mochi, recently went to the vet for a case of tail rot. He gave us some antibiotics to take, and said hopefully the dead part would just fall off. He also said that if her tail rot spread up at all, to bring her in to have tip amputated. I’m just wondering if the tip falling off means she’s okay now, or if she might still need that amputation. Also, if anyone has any tips for how to keep her comfy while she heals, or how to keep the wound clean, I’d appreciate it a lot! Here’s a couple pictures from after her little tail tip fell off. I’m just not sure if the darkness at the end is more tail rot or just normal tail darkness. It’s not hard or anything like the end of her tail was, its just dark.
98017-4273858704.jpg
98017-6621717615.jpg
98017-3265751819.jpg
also here’s a cute one of her sleeping, just cause she’s so adorable
98017-1671974054.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It doesn't look like any tail rot is present. An injury or retained shed will cause the tip of the tail to lose circulation and, fall off (looks like this is one of those cases). Just dab some raw honey or, neosporin W/O pain reliever on it to aid in the healing process. No live bugs inside the Viv that go uneaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom