My Beardie hasn't poooped in 12 days! What should I do??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My German Giant Blu has not pooped in over 10 days and we tried honey yesterday, I could be just overreacting but I think this is serious. Blu is actually my brother's dragon and is loved by the whole family and we are worried about him. PLease send help asap! :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he acting strangely? Lethargic? Is his appetite normal? 12 days isn't unheard of for some dragons. Is he an adult?

You may want to try offering drops of water on his nose for him to lick up. Keeping him hydrated will help him clear his system if he's blocked up. You can also try a couple drops of olive oil or a little bit of pumpkin, prune, or applesauce baby food which is known to help as well.

If he's acting OK otherwise I wouldn't worry about it too much but try to make sure he's getting enough hydration.

If you want to post details about his enclosure temperatures and lighting etc I can review it and make sure his setup is optimal as well. Heat and lighting have a direct effect on their digestion and overall health.

DeltaRayeBluusky

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1jye7xv3 said:
Is he acting strangely? Lethargic? Is his appetite normal? 12 days isn't unheard of for some dragons. Is he an adult?

You may want to try offering drops of water on his nose for him to lick up. Keeping him hydrated will help him clear his system if he's blocked up. You can also try a couple drops of olive oil or a little bit of pumpkin, prune, or applesauce baby food which is known to help as well.

If he's acting OK otherwise I wouldn't worry about it too much but try to make sure he's getting enough hydration.

If you want to post details about his enclosure temperatures and lighting etc I can review it and make sure his setup is optimal as well. Heat and lighting have a direct effect on their digestion and overall health.

He is naturally Lazy but he is acting kind of lethargic and he never learned to actually drink so i spritz him every couple of hours while my brother is at school and I soaked him today and his tail curled like he had to poop and he pooped a flake out but that was it. I'm suspecting brumation because he's been sleeping alot lately but his appetite hasn't changed like it would he still prefers superworms over anything else and he still barely touches his greens. (he has since we got him) But it still worries me because I've read some posts on here that some have died because they have not pooped. But i Could just be overreacting.
But yesterday i fixed his cage to where he would have a basking spot and a cool spot because my family just kind of threw their cages together so their basking spots where basically all they had but I fixed it to where there is a 20 degree difference between their basking spot and cooling area, so that should be okay. We gave him another honey covered worm because he wont take honey alone so we doused it in honey. I'm just worried because he was the first of our beardie slave family so it just concerns me because I don't want to lose him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is possible it could be brumation still, this time of year. Do you have pictures of him, along
with your tank setup too?
What type of substrate are you using, could he be impacted from a loose substrate? You had
mentioned that there was a 20 degree difference in the basking spot & the cooler area? What
type of thermometer is being used, that is not too bad, but you wont want the basking spot to be
higher than 105 for an adult, really.
If he isn't lethargic, black bearding or losing weight, he should be fine. As suggested, a lot of the
adults don't go to the bathroom very often, especially if they are brumating.

Tracie

Ziggy17

kingofnobbys":2w62xx4z said:
This might enlighten you :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=245864

I give olive oil when she reaches 7 days.I don't start REALLY worrying until Peppa reaches 14 days.

I keep track of Ziggy's poops as well!! :lol:

To the OP:
Ziggy has been brumating forever so his BMs have been less frequent but this past time he went two weeks without pooping. I was doing all of my tricks--baby food prunes, olive oil, lotsa water, bathing every day, belly rubs. I also try to make him run around or swim to get his little body moving because I feel that helps as well. When Ziggs is very active he poops everyday. When he is a lazy bum- he doesn't.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom