Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're moving to Bowling Green KY. I'm really worried about finding a good reptile vet, and I haven't had much luck finding reptile stores where I can buy my babies bugs, terrariums, toys, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you kindly. :blob8:

2*2*19
Just wanted to say Thank you to everyone who responded. I feel more at ease moving to KY with my boy. :D

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Bowling Green is a big town, about a 2 hour trip from me here in Henderson Ky. I am sure there are some close to there, heck Nashville is close enough if need be.

Foxxy76

The Petsmart in BG isn't bad. They actually have staff that fostered baby beardies with tail rot and adopted them out. They keep their babies on carpet and will actually tell people if it's too cold for them to be handled. Pet central is a good place to get live roaches and other feeders. They can also special order some items or alert you if they have someone selling them an item you want. Their number is 270-904-1112. Nashville isn't too far away and there is a place called Aquatic Critter and Reptile that is pretty neat and offers beardie boarding. Their number is 615-832-4541. I take my beardie to All Creatures Animal Hospital. They don't (I think) technically specialize in reptiles but they do have some knowledgeable vets there. They do Lazy's check ups/fecals and helped some box turtles I know of. You can also ask the shop keepers about their vet preferences but I think Pet central uses All Creatures. I don't know about Vets in Nashville though but I'm sure if you ask they will help you as much as they can. Meijer's in BG has a great selection of fresh greens too. I get dandelion greens, escarole, watercress, collard greens and sometimes spring mixes there. Their store is super friendly too!

avectaso

Hey! Welcome to Bowling Green! I live here too i hope you like this place! :blob5:

There isn't much pet stores around here what we have

Petco, Petsmart

Pet Central has much more care for reptiles. They sell fish, snakes, tarantulas, geckos and lots of feeders i recommend you this more.

By chance ill tell you the prices for the feeders

Crickets are .15 cents each, Dubias depending on size are .17, .25, .75, and 1.50.

For vets im not sure yet on where to find. All creatures Animal Hospital does Exotic Pet Medicine and Surgery so that might help.

If you have more questions feel free to ask. Hope you'll love BG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom