She's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry to hear your girl isn't doing well.
I certainly hope that any radiation isn't affecting her. Are you taking iodine now?
She was acting like this before the radiation leak though?
How old is she, has she ever laid any infertile eggs before?
Please review your tank setup with us, so we can be sure everything is all correct for her.
For now, I would try to keep her as comfortable as possible & maintain her tank temperatures
overnight, at around 80 or so. Since her beard & chest are black, she is in pain, or some type
of distress right now. Do you have a vet you could take her in to see?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

StratusL90

Original Poster
I can post some pictures to Imgur, since they're on my phone.
Here are the links:

Tank: https://imgur.com/a/hwSU83U
I couldn't take a picture of her because I was in such an emotional panic.

So far I do have one vet that could, but they have nothing they can do for reptiles in terms of bloodwork.
This happened a few weeks after the radiation leak.
She's 3 years old, no infertile eggs as of yet. I felt her belly and didn't notice anything unusual, no pain.
Her daytime temps are 98f and 84f at night. Temps were taken with a heatsensor my dad uses for work.
I would love to know if there's any kind of Iodine i could give her that's safe for beardies? Just so she can be protected as well.

So far from what i've seen her do, it's starting to look like she's going into brumation, since it's starting to get really, really cold where i live that might have sent her into starting it about a week ago. I put her in her cave and turned off some of her lights to help her sleep. She was out like a light.
I think what happened was an error on my part as I started freaking out that my super active and healthy baby started shutting down and I kept bugging her and not letting her sleep. It might also explain why she would lighten up when I held her because she would snuggle and sleep.

StratusL90

Original Poster
Yes, she still is showing some dark beard. I also used the flashlight technique and her visable bump to determine she's a female.

I also found her very late last night out of her cave resting on her wood that you see behind the cave.
I put her back in her cave under the night-time bulb to keep her warm.

StratusL90

Original Poster
Recently I noticed she has some yellow staining on her cloths that she uses as a bedding.
I don't think she's throwing up, it seems more like urine stains.
I've only found one spot so far, and i'm not certain how long it's been there. I will be giving her a bath after this post to see if she needs to poop.

StratusL90

Original Poster
Update:
We just got home from the vet. He thinks it's an infection and loaded her with some shots.
During the car ride she was holding her head up more and seems to have more fight in her.
Vet gave us an ointment to put on her beard twice a day and some stuff to syringe feed her.
(Also to mist her with water on her beard) We're also going to be giving her water with calcium in it.

I'll update this post as it goes. Please keep her in your thoughts.

StratusL90

Original Poster
Forgot to post the items they are giving her:

Enrofloxan Liquid (10mg/ml)
ssd Ointment (15gm)
SubQ Fluid

This is how they spelled it on the paper, it looks like there were a few other spelling mistakes including Pumpkins name.
I need opinions on what I should feed her while she's on these. Please let me know specific brands when recommending something.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did the vet run a test for an infection? Enrofloxacin is a broad spectrium antibiotic so hopefully it will help if the issue is infection. Offer plenty of water to keep her hydrated as these meds can be rough on their kidneys. The Subcutaneous injection should help with hydration as well.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh man, that's so sad, I'm so sorry. I didn't get any notifications of your last posts , just logged on now to see this. I guess you'll never really know exactly what happened. Again, I'm so sorry. I know you're devastated and this is so terrible for you. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry about Pumpkin, that is terrible & extremely sudden also. :cry:
That is horrible, I am so sorry to hear you lost her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom