Draconis has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
This morning i noticed that his gums and tounge were a bit blue, he was breathing fine so i knew it may be his heart. i put him on his bridge, which actually is supposed to help. he kissed at me adjusted to get comfy, and closed his eyes. He was shifting about on his bridge until 5-10 minutes after the three elementary siblings left for school. I saw him in a corner and reached in to move him and noticed he was very limp. I did all of the things to try and rouse him but nothing worked. my daughter listened to his chest for me and nothing...i even put him back in his tank to see if it was a deep brumation incident. he was still not moving or breathing so i knew he was dead.... the best guess i have is that his heart stopped due to his body trying to go into brumation (i was feeding him regularly and not allowing brumation due to his need to recover) but his heart was too weak for the sudden slow down and shut down of certain functions. I have read in a few places of them having heart attacks due to sudden brumation or forced brumation (the brain forces it not the mommy or daddy). i have a heart condition so i know what blue gums and tounge can indicate. He pretty much had a heart attack and died and i freaked out a bit because there was nothing i could do. :cry:

My daughter donated her umbro cleat box for a little coffin, a red velvet cloth to line it and a bit of perfume. I placed him in there with his fave poop emoji (pink) and his creepy kitty. my daughter moved his arm over his kitty and taped hearts on top once the box was sealed around the top edge. we worked together to dig the hole and burry him. I plan on erecting a tree ring (raised planting ring for a tree) of bricks on top of the spot and putting his name on one of the bricks on top of the ring. he will have a nice japanese plum tree growing over him. :cry:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost Draconis like that. How horrible for you both. :cry:
It sounds very traumatic for you. I am sure the Japanese plum tree will be beautiful for
him, too, bless him.
Had he previously been ill then or just trying to brumate?
So sorry for your loss of your precious boy.

Tracie

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":ul72v1nh said:
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost Draconis like that. How horrible for you both. :cry:
It sounds very traumatic for you. I am sure the Japanese plum tree will be beautiful for
him, too, bless him.
Had he previously been ill then or just trying to brumate?
So sorry for your loss of your precious boy.

Tracie
he had fallen from his bridge and hit his head, there werent any vets near by to take him unless i was going to put him down. so i rehabilitated him myself. i fed him enough to make his body think it was still spring and kept him warm. he had recovvered for the most part and then suddenly his brain decided it was brumation time and during an insticntual forced shut down by his brain his heart gave out. the last thing i remember of him being alive is that he was kissing at me for putting him on his bridge..... i will also be planting a whole garden around that ring.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry to read this. :( Your memorial to him sounds very sweet, you were a very loving owner. So sorry it ended this way. Something else triggered the death, dragons can brumation if they wish or choose not to, but whatever you read is not accurate but just someone's opinion. Bardies can suffer heart attack + stroke like episodes so that is what happened.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2w6pbfw3 said:
So sorry to read this. :( Your memorial to him sounds very sweet, you were a very loving owner. So sorry it ended this way. Something else triggered the death, dragons can brumation if they wish or choose not to, but whatever you read is not accurate but just someone's opinion. Bardies can suffer heart attack + stroke like episodes so that is what happened.
it could have happened that his heart stopped due to a sudden slow down, the brain can force a brumation but that isnt the cause of the heart failure it is usually a trigger but not the full cause. when the body tries to slow down for brumation but the heart stops instead of slowing it usually restarts, but a faulty heart just fails. it may have also been just a heart attack due to a weak heart. i just know it was his heart due to the blue gums and toung that were usually light pink. i just guessed that his body trying to go into brumation could have been the cause of the heart failure. it is just a guess as to what lead up to the heart attack and not the leading cause. Btw i never saw myself as his owner but as his mommy. he will forever be a part of the central focal point of my garden. oneof his favorite fruits when he was a tiny baby was japanese plums and another was black berries and both will be in that garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom