Gaps In Flooring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody! I'm getting my beardie baby this weekend, and I'm nesting, and really starting to worry and nitpick, so I'd love some help.

The flooring I've chosen is actually a replication of a friend's who seems to work out well for those of us with cold weather climate, and chilly houses! They have had their beardies in that habitat a long enough while to give me a bit of comfort, as there is a lot of controversy as for what is "correct".. (Not for this feed, thank you!)
Its actually a bit of insulation with controlled floor heating, covered by some simple textured laminate, far enough away from any interaction with lighting fixtures.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, I'm a bit concerned as we have a bit of a gap between the exterior glass and the flooring. I don't necessarily want to seal it to allow heat escape as a safety precaution, but the mom in me is like "BUT HE WILL GET STUCK, AND HE'LL BE A WALL BABY FOREVER, WHAT DO I DO?"
Any advice for the panicker?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How big is the gap between the flooring and side? A little bit isn't bad and can actually help you remove it for cleaning. I have a small gap between the tile floor and glass wall of my tank and it's not an issue. You can also cover it with something like fleece which will also provide a cosy spot to sit/burrow.

Bunnybergg

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3sztzpjr said:
How big is the gap between the flooring and side? A little bit isn't bad and can actually help you remove it for cleaning. I have a small gap between the tile floor and glass wall of my tank and it's not an issue. You can also cover it with something like fleece which will also provide a cosy spot to sit/burrow.

It's not all that big, after looking at that. And the fleece is a good idea! I suppose I won't worry so much on it then! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom