how long can I take my bearded dragon outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riley

I just recently got a baby beardie and I have issues with anxiety and i wanted to see if I could have him registered as a support animal. the most ill take him out for would probably be 8 hours but ill only take him when the temperature is at 65°F or higher. of course ill bring him food and something to warm him up but in case i can't use anything like that. thank you to all who respond

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't take the dragon outside unless the ambient on a still day is 25 degC or higher. (77 F).

See this :
icjwn4.png

Under 70 F is WAY TOO COLD for a bearded dragon , it wont enjoy it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A lot of it depends on the weather too. If it's sunny with little wind it may be comfortable. Pavement/concrete/stone is a good measurement of appropriate temperatures (both too cold and too hot). I've found that they darken and pancake out a bit to make the most of cool(ish) temps but bright sunlight. They will turn very light color to reflect light and heat on very hot days too. I usually keep my guy inside unless it's above 70 or so but if it's a warm spring day in the 60s for example, sometimes it works for short periods. The chart that Kingofnobbys posted is a pretty good explanation of their natural preferred temps outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom