beardie sick??!!! very worried mother!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so my beardie is around 8-9 months old i’m estimating and she’s not very big. i’m concerned that she’s not growing much because she isn’t shedding barely anymore. recently she hasn’t been wanting to eat or getting excited by food. her skin is also wrinkled and she’s lethargic. i found someone on this site with the same issues as me and it seemed to possibly be the uvb bulb that could be the issue. i went to the store today and got a new bulb as well as a fixture and mounted it inside the tank because i don’t think she was getting the full effect before. i’ve also gotten her a warmer heat bulb because i’m not quite sure hers was getting hot enough. she looks a little weaker to me and i’m scared she’s not healthy. i’ve been at least trying to mist her a little. i know this is a lot of information but i can’t help but stop worrying! please help!!
103025-6057028253.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So what kind of UVB bulb did you have and what did you replace it w/? How are you taking temps of the tank? Is she doing a lot of sleeping? In winter months their metabolism seems to slow down a bit--- Hiccup hasnt done much shedding either and hes a year at then end of this month-- He has his on and off days for eating too -- I feed him roaches in the morning a long w/ 1 horn worm and 3 butter worms and then greens in the afternoon- if he doesnt eat the roaches I pull them and then try the greens if he eats them thats good but some days he doesnt eat those either-- and some days hes real slow at eating the worms that tells me he is not hungry cuz those are his favorite-- his pooping has slowed down as well down to once a week now -- and when he does go its a blow out!
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
helllojessie":3pn4k7jt said:
so my beardie is around 8-9 months old i’m estimating and she’s not very big. i’m concerned that she’s not growing much because she isn’t shedding barely anymore. recently she hasn’t been wanting to eat or getting excited by food. her skin is also wrinkled and she’s lethargic. i found someone on this site with the same issues as me and it seemed to possibly be the uvb bulb that could be the issue. i went to the store today and got a new bulb as well as a fixture and mounted it inside the tank because i don’t think she was getting the full effect before.
What did you have and how was it installed ?
What did you buy ?

i’ve also gotten her a warmer heat bulb because i’m not quite sure hers was getting hot enough. she looks a little weaker to me and i’m scared she’s not healthy.
Temperatures at basking spot, warm zone , cool zone , and overnight ?
how are you measuring these ?

i’ve been at least trying to mist her a little. i know this is a lot of information but i can’t help but stop worrying! please help!!
103025-6057028253.jpg

She looks fine to me , all healthy dragons once they get past the their hatchling stage and become juveniles and subadults have some wrinkliness in their skink.
And as they become subadults (about 12 months old) they become much more settled and laid back (and can appear lethargic compared to how they behaved as hatchlings and juveniles as their metabolism slows and their growth rate starts to taper off.

Regarding shedding from about 6 months old , if a bearded dragon sheds monthly it's a lot.

Can you tell us how much she currently weighs ?

Her diet and feeding schedule and lighting schedule ?
I recommend two feeds of live insects per day + offering salad daily at 9mth - 1yr old, I'd then cut back 1 feed of live insects per day + daily salad.

Pooing interval ?

Substrate ?

helllojessie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":9119japl said:
So what kind of UVB bulb did you have and what did you replace it w/? i had a reptisun 10.0 and had a hood fixture over her screen lid. i know this wasn’t the best way now so i’ve changed it. i bought a new reptisun 10.0 and mounted it in her tank. How are you taking temps of the tank? i have a digital heat gun. her basking spot is around 95-100 and the hot side of the tank is 90 and the cool side is about 85. Is she doing a lot of sleeping? not so much sleeping as just being lazy. she just lays around and she used to run around her cage a bit more but hasn’t been doing that now. In winter months their metabolism seems to slow down a bit--- Hiccup hasnt done much shedding either and hes a year at then end of this month-- He has his on and off days for eating too -- I feed him roaches in the morning a long w/ 1 horn worm and 3 butter worms and then greens in the afternoon- if he doesnt eat the roaches I pull them and then try the greens if he eats them thats good but some days he doesnt eat those either-- and some days hes real slow at eating the worms that tells me he is not hungry cuz those are his favorite-- his pooping has slowed down as well down to once a week now -- and when he does go its a blow out! i feed her collard greens and crickets. she hasn’t been eating much lately but she still is eating. i’m just worried about her! i feel like she could be a little underweight but i’m not sure. she’s about 9 ounces and 14 inches long. i feel like her limbs should be more fatty too.
103025-297104498.jpg
Karrie

helllojessie

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1qhkykgl said:
helllojessie":1qhkykgl said:
so my beardie is around 8-9 months old i’m estimating and she’s not very big. i’m concerned that she’s not growing much because she isn’t shedding barely anymore. recently she hasn’t been wanting to eat or getting excited by food. her skin is also wrinkled and she’s lethargic. i found someone on this site with the same issues as me and it seemed to possibly be the uvb bulb that could be the issue. i went to the store today and got a new bulb as well as a fixture and mounted it inside the tank because i don’t think she was getting the full effect before.
What did you have and how was it installed ?
What did you buy ?
i had a reptisun 10.0 and a hood fixture on her screen. i realized this probably wasn’t the best for her and switched it to be mounted in her tank. i bought a new reptisun 10.0 bulb.
i’ve also gotten her a warmer heat bulb because i’m not quite sure hers was getting hot enough. she looks a little weaker to me and i’m scared she’s not healthy.
Temperatures at basking spot, warm zone , cool zone , and overnight ?
how are you measuring these ?
basking spot is about 100-105. warm zone is 90. cool zone is about 85. at night probably around 70. i have a digital temp gun and a thermometer that is in her tank that also measures humidity which is 30%.
i’ve been at least trying to mist her a little. i know this is a lot of information but i can’t help but stop worrying! please help!!
103025-6057028253.jpg

She looks fine to me , all healthy dragons once they get past the their hatchling stage and become juveniles and subadults have some wrinkliness in their skink.
And as they become subadults (about 12 months old) they become much more settled and laid back (and can appear lethargic compared to how they behaved as hatchlings and juveniles as their metabolism slows and their growth rate starts to taper off.

Regarding shedding from about 6 months old , if a bearded dragon sheds monthly it's a lot.

Can you tell us how much she currently weighs ? she weighs about 9 ounces and is about 14 inches.

Her diet and feeding schedule and lighting schedule ? i feed her collard greens everyday. a good handful and she eats them throughout the day. i give her one feeding of about a dozen crickets a day. i feel like i should be doing more now that i think about it. lights are both on around 8am the days i work. the days i don’t around 10am and both off everyday around 10pm-11pm.
I recommend two feeds of live insects per day + offering salad daily at 9mth - 1yr old, I'd then cut back 1 feed of live insects per day + daily salad.

Pooing interval ? she poops every 2-4ish days id say and it looks normal to me. i sometimes have to try to get her to go by giving her a bath and rubbing her tummy but it usually works.

Substrate ?
reptile carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom