how long can I take my bearded dragon outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riley

I just recently got a baby beardie and I have issues with anxiety and i wanted to see if I could have him registered as a support animal. the most ill take him out for would probably be 8 hours but ill only take him when the temperature is at 65°F or higher. of course ill bring him food and something to warm him up but in case i can't use anything like that. thank you to all who respond

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't take the dragon outside unless the ambient on a still day is 25 degC or higher. (77 F).

See this :
icjwn4.png

Under 70 F is WAY TOO COLD for a bearded dragon , it wont enjoy it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A lot of it depends on the weather too. If it's sunny with little wind it may be comfortable. Pavement/concrete/stone is a good measurement of appropriate temperatures (both too cold and too hot). I've found that they darken and pancake out a bit to make the most of cool(ish) temps but bright sunlight. They will turn very light color to reflect light and heat on very hot days too. I usually keep my guy inside unless it's above 70 or so but if it's a warm spring day in the 60s for example, sometimes it works for short periods. The chart that Kingofnobbys posted is a pretty good explanation of their natural preferred temps outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom