Turn your Back? Cat Attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Please keep a very close eye on Pancake , I lost Lucky over 8 months after the cat attack , and 4 months after the vet gave him the all clear regards viral & bacterial infection from the bite to his head (which broke his lower jaw and ruptured his right eye) and he was very pleased with how Lucky had been treated by me and how much he'd thrived in my care.
He'd regenerated his tail, and more than trebled his bodyweight and was very happy and active and extremely tame.

After his death , I had a necropsy done and vet found his death was a direct result of the attack , a large abscess had formed and was hidden in his chest, it was this which ruptured spontaneously and caused a renewed SI which killed him within 24 hrs of his first appearing sick.

I learnt a very important lesson - you can't be too careful when a cat attack has happened and bloods and xrays are worth getting.

I still think it's worth asking a vet to do a blood test on Pancake to make sure there is no SI going on (will show up in elevated bloodcounts or in cultures targeting common deseases associated with cat claws and fangs) is a very good idea. Lizards are expert at hiding it when they are sick until they are so sick they are no longer able to do so at which time they are likely critically ill and need immediate vet intervention.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just wondering how your girl is doing, I hope Pancake is making a nice recovery! Update us when
you can.

Tracie

SwervesBar

Original Poster
AHBD":33xn893a said:
Pancake still improving ? I'm pretty sure he'll be fine now. :)

AHH it makes me happy to know you guys care so much of my lil panqueuque <3

He had no serious injuries besides a week of stress, and he's chilling out on my leg watching the living room life. C:

Here are some pictures of him currently!!

20190131_140146.jpg

And this is his tail c: It she very well, stuck to the scabs like I expected but I've been giving him baths to help the rest of it come off.

20190131_140305.jpg

20190131_140347.jpg

I'm at the point where I'm calling him Punk Cake because of how much of a handful he's been. Only ests the kale amd blueberries out of his salad!!! Spoiled silly!! He loves to run around, get on my nerves, and watch me. Do everything. All the time. He has a very big personality and loves people.

This is a picture of when I had first got him.

20190126_233923.jpg

Looking back, I was very shocked to believe this was the same dragon. He's grown completely massive and looks 110% better.

Thank you everyone for your careful advice <3

Thanks to the help, Pancake will continue to be a needy mama's boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom