Toe Pinched or Rolled Up Shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when we got our Goldfish, we were told both his toes would eventually fall off. One of them did indeed fall off, but this one has not for about 2 months now and as I look at it more carefully, it’s hard to say why it is in its current state. Do you guys think this is skin that has wrapped tightly around his toe, or was this a really bad pinch like we were told and it’s falling off?

Sorry for the bad pic with the flash, but if you zoom in on the toe (right hind leg) you should be able to see it better ...
102185-213140832.jpg

Adding a couple more shots taken with the Mag Light app
102185-146923033.jpg
102185-1884431551.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Oh wow it’s barely hanging on there
How did they say it happened? It looks like it must have been closed in a viv door or retained shed got too tight maybe?

avasgoldfish

Original Poster
I don’t know why I took the pet store’s word for it. I guess because the other one fell off as they predicted, I thought this would follow along right after. Well, it has hung on for 2 months now. They told us his toes were bitten and this one might have been pinched, which means they have no clue how it happened.
I actually just noticed it in the picture I took for my other post asking about gender. When I zoomed in then, it looked more like skin but in person it’s hard to say.

avasgoldfish

Original Poster
I’m not sure how to bump this question to the top of the thread, so I’ll try by commenting. Hopefully I can get someone to look at this who might have had a similar experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom